Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voices for TomTom one

• 15-12-2007 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭

I went to a website i found on boards and downloaded a couple of voices to my C:/Tomtom/Voices and the files are there in my folder. I tried changing my preferences under voices, but only have the the voices i got with the tomtom and none of files i downloaded.

Anyone if i'm doing something wrong? I'm downloading from the website below.

http://gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/links/index.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I went to a website i found on boards and downloaded a couple of voices to my C:/Tomtom/Voices and the files are there in my folder. I tried changing my preferences under voices, but only have the the voices i got with the tomtom and none of files i downloaded.

Anyone if i'm doing something wrong? I'm downloading from the website below.

http://gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/links/index.php

Hi

Sorry I know that sounds like a stupid question, but did you actually copy the voices to the device? when you connect your device and open the Tomtom Home " and go to "Show Contents of my Device" do you see them as been there? if they are you should see them in your device when you navigate in the voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

nava wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry I know that sounds like a stupid question, but did you actually copy the voices to the device? when you connect your device and open the Tomtom Home " and go to "Show Contents of my Device" do you see them as been there? if they are you should see them in your device when you navigate in the voices.

I checked my contents and it shows up as "Speacial 6" and when you select more info " This item is on your tomtom device" but it if i selec to change voice, its not there. Maybe it could be the wrong formatt or so??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Did you place all 3 files in your voices folder ?

CHK, BMP and VIF

sharkman wrote: »
    Did you place all 3 files in your voices folder ?

CHK, BMP and VIF

Yes, i downloaded the three files and tried changing the formatt to all files and still no change.

The mind boggles......:confused:

Its grand, i figured it out in the end, thanks....:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement