Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

space station

Options
  • 15-12-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I often listen to air traffic control through scanner sites, any one know can I listen to iss talking to control below ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

eh.. I would imagine you can not. At least its not easy...
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/marco.langbroek/satbody1.html#radio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

you can listen in on chats to schools as part of the Ariss project using a standard VHF scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

you should wave up at them!
    the iss is visible all week the best night will be wednesday i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

do I just look up?

go here www.heavens-above.com
    set up an account which basically involves entering the town you live in and it will do the rest
    find the link for ISS and look at the times, head out at these times and hopefully if its not cloudy look towards the south western sky
    you should see what looks like a star moving across from right to left
    its very bright and moves pretty fast, from wednesday on will be the best time to see it

• Advertisement

also if its not cloudy now go out and see some meteorites, the geminid meteor shower
    is happening now!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geminids

damnit.. we have a balcony, but my flatmate has a flight in 5 hours... and his bedroom has a big open section into the living room.

bugger

sure go out for a walk while looking up at the stars!
    no one will think your a nutcase;)

there's nothing but tall buildings all around me :)

got the times for the ISS anyway, and I will be at my folks house in carlow later in the week so there should be a great view of it there

--edit

lol, just took a look outside.. nothing in the sky but an eerie orange glow. just like the one from highlander 3. The really crap one.
    oh wait, no that was number 2 wasn't it?

the one with the shield thingy to protect the population from the sun because the ozone layer had gone but it was all a conspiracy because it had regenerated itself?
    i think that was 2, and it was shoite

actually what the hell had that film got to do with imortals/highlanders?!

• Advertisement

I dunno where the **** 'immortals are space aliens' came from, but hopefully whoever dreamt that up has left the business by now.

Advertisement