Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydsl - need some installation advice from somebody who has been there using the box

Options
  • 15-12-2007 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Well I just got it last week, but cannot connect the skydslbox to my laptop with the network cable.

I did connect into the "homepage" 192.168.30.1 site once but the box could not connect at stage 3 "retrieve skydsl data" in the connection wizard so since changing the networking settings to try and sort this i cannot even find the homepage through the internet browser.

Does anybody have the foolproof settings "to do with the networking" on how to get started because i really need help.

By the way what is the cap for downloading, I thought there was no limit to what you downloaded!
    I ordered the 2mb package and am on normal dial up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 _alex_

Hi there,

I wont be able to advise you about the instalation but i will be able to tell you that you are acctually paying for everything what you are downloading.

* Unlimited data reception volume ( that is only for gear 1 and it is only for surfing)
    * Double bandwidth anytime, for an additional 1.5 ct/MB in 2. gear ( here you can download but you are paying for everything so be careful with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Predator

Cheers for the reply Alex,
    well I got myself sorted and the skydsl has been going like a rocket, I am in gear 1 all the time and still downloading some suff, when i check my invoice details it says that i am not being charged anything extra so hopefully i won't be. I have downloaded about 7 gbs of stuff so do you think i may be in for a nasty surprise, Predator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 _alex_

You will get charge only when you download on Gear 2 i think...( be careful with downloading on gear 1 as well as you can be blocked by them <fair use policy>)
    :)

Advertisement