Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 controller on pc?

Options
  • 15-12-2007 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

lads

got a xbox 360 pad today, can i hook this up to my xps laptop and play cod, bioshock , pro evo etc?

before i open the package up.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Only if you bought a wired controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Or you can buy a Wireless reciever from Microsoft and use the Wireless joypad. I've heard some mixed feelings on how well it works though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

?

its a usb jobbie, cost 35e no idea what you mean by wired.........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Wired:
    xbox360controller2fe0.jpg

Wireless:
    ilmxb360wirelessscreen1kd7.jpg

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The one with the wire means its wired ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

legs11 wrote: »
    cod, bioshock

For the love of God, why?!?! :eek:

Get a mouse if you are on a laptop and want to play FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

keyboard for pro evo , Sir , are you mad :P ,

i use xbox pad and would have it no other way

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

does anyone know a site or a program that can map keyboard keys to the controller cause I really want to play older games using my 360 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

does anyone know a site or a program that can map keyboard keys to the controller cause I really want to play older games using my 360 controller
    http://xpadder.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

most newer games that have been released on the 360 will have native support for the 360 controller on the PC.

The support for other games that don't have native support for it is atrocious though. xpadder can be used pretty well. Also if you are using a wired controller don't use the MS drivers, use these ones:

http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html#download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Don't bother with 360 controllers, I'm sure there are spare original Xbox ones lying around the house, they are real easy to get working.

I was playing Goldeneye with an Xbox controller! :D Just doesn't sound right...But hey it works.

Advertisement