Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zanussi Fjs1225w washing machine problem

• 15-12-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've a problem with my Zanussi, the cycle will start as normal and then ERR but no code will flash on and off at different stages throughout the cycle, would anyone an have an idea what this could be? or even how to reset the machine in case that's all it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

is the error message flashing up just before the drum is about to move or go into a spin ?or is it showing as the machine calls for water ?

could be its not getting water quick enough -disconect pipes at back and check for blockages and test the water flow -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭patrickc

knighted wrote: »
    is the error message flashing up just before the drum is about to move or go into a spin ?or is it showing as the machine calls for water ?

could be its not getting water quick enough -disconect pipes at back and check for blockages and test the water flow -

now that you mention it it's just before a spin

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It could be possible that the filter is blocked, slowing down the water flow to the pump?

THe filter access is normally at the bottom on the front of the machine. If you intend to open up the filter, have towels underneath on the floor to soak up spills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

patrickc wrote: »
    now that you mention it it's just before a spin

the problem could be as simple as an unbalanced load -i will dig up a link that will explain it better than i can
    -there is no error number flashing up no?

run the machine thru a wash with no clothes in it and see if the error shows up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭patrickc

byte wrote: »
    It could be possible that the filter is blocked, slowing down the water flow to the pump?

THe filter access is normally at the bottom on the front of the machine. If you intend to open up the filter, have towels underneath on the floor to soak up spills.

it's definitely not the filter, we check that regularly.
    knighted wrote: »
    the problem could be as simple as an unbalanced load -i will dig up a link that will explain it better than i can
    -there is no error number flashing up no?

run the machine thru a wash with no clothes in it and see if the error shows up

we have done a cycle with nothing in it, and err still flashes up with beeps, No error number shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Had the same problem on a similar model approx 3 years old.

Replaced the the sump pump with a 15euro part from eBay initially fixed it.

However twelve months on had another seemingly simlar problem a second pump repalcement didn't help. The machine would do almost any part of the program provided you reset it and started the program at that point. So I guessed it was a problem with ether the heater (which can cause spurious problems) the motor or the programer which on a 4yo machine wasn't worth the hassel so spent 400euro on a new machine.

Advertisement