Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quickest way to airport

Options
  • 15-12-2007 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi i have to be in the airport for 9 am on wednesday, just wondering which would be the quickest route? ill be coming from dun laoghaire. The M50 will probably be like a car park. how early should i leave, i really cant be late. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pipsss

leave at 7am and go the m50 it should be fine at that time if you leave it any later your fecked any other way;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

pipsss wrote: »
    leave at 7am and go the m50 it should be fine at that time if you leave it any later your fecked any other way;)

I would agree, get on the cherrywood exit but seriously take my advice and leave 7am or even abit earlier as i live in cherrywood and sometimes it gets really busy.
    Best thing is go early and chill in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

oif it where me , id go up the top of gardener street and use the tunnel.... but thats just close to me :)

either way the m50 is traffic free till around 7:30... then it just tails back... for miles and miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

johnrd wrote: »
    Hi i have to be in the airport for 9 am on wednesday, just wondering which would be the quickest route? ill be coming from dun laoghaire. The M50 will probably be like a car park. how early should i leave, i really cant be late. thanks
    Forget the M50. Take the Rock Road as far as Merrion Gates, follow the coast road to the East Link, then take Alfie Byrne Rd, left at the top, onto Griffith Ave, right onto the N1/M1 to the airport.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would suggest the same route that Anan1 recommended except I would use the port tunnel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 johnrd

kbannon wrote: »
    I would suggest the same route that Anan1 recommended except I would use the port tunnel

yeah i reckon port tunnel would be the best bet, does anyone know how much it is at that hour of the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

johnrd wrote: »
    yeah i reckon port tunnel would be the best bet, does anyone know how much it is at that hour of the morning?
    I think it's €6. The lads are right, to be honest I completely forgot about the tunnel! Just bear in mind that it may be closed, give yourself enough time just in case.

Advertisement