Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ .223 is €650 a good price?

Options
  • 15-12-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Hio all
    I'm buying a new CZ .223 and getting it for €650, it comes with the barrel threaded for a moderator. Is this a good price for this gun?
    Model is a 527 fires a remington .223

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

find out the particular model you are being offered this price for, ring around and see if another dealer can do better?? thats what i would do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

If you don't mind me asking, where are you buying it for that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

AFAIK they don't come factory threaded. Is a very good price though. Have me doubts about it being "new". Where you getting it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Have me doubts about it being "new".

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Sorry I stand corrected €640 new, €680 supplied threaded for a moderator, not sure if its factory threaded they tell me it is. Deposit has been paid so €680 is the price I'm paying for it. I can PM where I'm getting it from.
    They have a S/H CZ .223 @€;500 looks perfect con. but wife says I must buy a new CZ, lucky me. Ho! Ho!

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    Sorry I stand corrected €640 new, €680 supplied threaded for a moderator, not sure if its factory threaded they tell me it is. Deposit has been paid so €680 is the price I'm paying for it. I can PM where I'm getting it from.
    They have a S/H CZ .223 @€;500 looks perfect con. but wife says I must buy a new CZ, lucky me. Ho! Ho!

€40 for threading, either very, very cheap or cowboy job !
    CZ don't thread 527's, checked with my local dealer !
    Go on PM me dealers details ......... at them prices I must get in touch with them !

Bunny shooter PM sent

Bunny shooter PM sent

clivej PM replied to

Understand now why they are so cheap. clivej will/should explain ?

Understand now why they are so cheap. clivej will/should explain ?

Bunny shooter I'm not sure what you mean by your message. I don't know why they are this price or if indeed its a good price? I'm not the brightest at understanding all the gun talk if you get me!! Go steady/easy on me for now.

OK Bunny shooter just got your PM. So here's the story.............

I'm doing all the posting for my son, he's not great with a PC.
    But I did try for a .223 at Kilkenny City garda station and was told the super will NOT sign a .223 licence but OK with anything smaller but not a swift . Is there any way around this for me??? Please help me here!!

But my son is living out of town and applies to a different garda station so with luck he may get his. I will then try and add my name to his licence.
    The CZ he has ordered is not on the shelf and must be ordered in from the north I think but not sure. So it is a new rifle.

• Advertisement

Bunny shooter I'm not sure what you mean by your message. I don't know why they are this price or if indeed its a good price? I'm not the brightest at understanding all the gun talk if you get me!! Go steady/easy on me for now.

PM'd you with my theory

I realise that I could go for a smaller caliber but after reading these forums the general opinion is to go for a .223 and get a clean quick kill. Son has lost €1000 worth of chickens to fox's and he also has pedigree pigs. All are free-range amimals on 1 acre and fox's are a big problem to him. There's no problem getting farmers to sign the required forms for us both.

I realise that I could go for a smaller caliber but after reading these forums the general opinion is to go for a .223 and get a clean quick kill. Son has lost €1000 worth of chickens to fox's and he also has pedigree pigs. All are free-range amimals on 1 acre and fox's are a big problem to him. There's no problem getting farmers to sign the required forms for us both.

223 is good for fox but will you get licence ? Your profile says you live in Kilkenny, not good country when looking for a 223

Advertisement