Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RO'S another live 147

• 15-12-2007 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Playing Selby in the Semi of the UK Championship tonight they were tied at 8 all next frame wins. Ronnie wins the frame the with a 147.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just watched it on the beeb, well done to him. And to do it in the deciding frame... excellent stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wasn't live for me though... :D

What a legend, possibly the greatest 147 of all time. Serious pressure, hadn't been 100% himself all day, had been behind up until 8-7 and then in a deciding frame he comes out with that. The first black was unreal, and after that it was so effortless you'd nearly have to rub your eyes.

The guy is a genius, greatest player to ever play the sport in my opinion. The interview he gave afterwards was classic stuff too, he apparently counted the little indents on his spoon whilst trying to maintain focus in his chair. Certainly worked.

And I emptied my Paddy Power account on him when he was 3-5 down!

An ultimate hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Can't believe there wasn't more interest in what Steve Davis called the greatest 147 ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rtec_ronnie-osullivan-147-vs-mark-selby_sport

What I think makes it so brilliant is the amount of thought he put into every shot- barely any at all, acted completely on instinct. When he's on song there's nobody, past or present, that can touch him. Pure genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Genius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

The 1st black that clipped the near jaw in the right middle should never have went in. Would defo not go in on the pro-table in my club anyway. Rant over!

Back to the main point - Ronnie was a different gravy. Unbelievable break under pressure. Murdered Maguire in the final too!

In terms of the best max ever, i'd say you'd have to put it certainly top 5 overall, but best is a bold statement. A few years back Hendry was 8-2 up on Ronnie, had to sit out while Ronnie won 6 on the trot to level at 8-8 and made a max himself in the decider. To do that after sitting out for 6 frames is just as impressive i think.

For pure "wow" factor, Ronnies 5 mins max v Nick Price (i think) is still my favourite. legging it around the table potting like he was playing a mess frame!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭patrickc

all I say is well done Ronnie, he may not have played his utmost best as we've all seen him before, but he deserved to win and did play some fantastic snooker over the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Advertisement