Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

University of the South East

• 15-12-2007 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, do Kilkenny people support the Upgrading of WIT to the University of the South East I.E or do you feel it is only a Waterford agenda?

Do you Support the Upgrading of WIT to University Status 17 votes

Yes, I fully Support the Upgradid of WIT to the University of the S.E
    0% 0 votes
    No, I do not and only think it is a Waterford Agenda and will provide no benifit to Kilkenny
    94% 16 votes
    I have no opinion either way
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Ultimately it's of benefit to everyone in the region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm with Trish. It would be a good thing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I support it but I've seen/heard some Waterford people try to use it as a agenda just for Waterford which is a bloody shame, at the end of the day it benefits all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Having been in WIT im a bit biased but would recommend it for university status, BUT if it gets uni status then the IT in Carlow and its outreach centres should also benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I think it can only be a good idea and it can benefit the whole region and not just Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Seen as county KK is the 3rd largest supplier of students to WIT after Waterford and Wexford, yes it can only be of benefit to us.
    the benefits are immeasurable in terms of graduate retention, employment oppurtunities etc...I fully support this move.
    Also, would like to Carlow IT brought under the umbrella of University for South East. Hard to get agreement on this, espec with various academics all vying for attention and credit for their institution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

Really glad to see the people of Kilkenny behind this. I must post a poll on the aother sub sites of the S.E region and see what the response is

Advertisement