Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royalty

Options
  • 16-12-2007 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I have an insane interest in royalty and royal families, especially european royalty that has ong since disappeared like the Romanovs and the Habsburgs. so many interesting characters have belonged to these families and they have played massive parts in the history of Europe and the decisions of these Kings and Queens had massive consequences for their countries years on , just wondering if there is anyone else like me out there who finds it fascinating, although i doubt there is!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

I was absoultely fascinitated with the Romanov dynasty. Had a great lecturer in college who made it all so visual. I'm especially interested in the links the Saxe-Cobergs/Windsor's/British Royal Family had with their counterparts in Germany in and around World War One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

ah yeah I love the Romanovs too, so interesting. Did you see that documentary on 2 weeks ago i think, Hitler's Favourite Royal, it was all about the last Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, really interesting! I love the Habsburg dynasty too. I'm actually starting to get interested in the small German dukedoms now too, especially the Hessian family. Reading a book on the Battenebergs at the moment, really interesting stuff! glad i'm not the only one out there! :)

Advertisement