Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Creeking interior of a 01 Nissan Primera

Options
  • 16-12-2007 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I have an 01 Primera (old shape) with 65 odd thousand miles on the clock. The car itself is running great but the interior rattles and creeks so much when on anything other than a motorway and it is driving me insane.

In particular, there is a rattle to the rear left of driving position that is pushing me over the edge but I am finding it impossible to identify the source. I am thinking it is in the roof panel but I cannot be sure.

Does anyone have any experience with Primera's and similar problems or maybe suggestions on how to track down rattles of this nature. Any links or whatever would be appreciated.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Take everything out of the car that shouldnt be in it get someone to drive it if you think its from the back sit in the back it could be coming from the boot either.
    There is no two cars that are gonna have the same rattles so its roll up you sleves time and get dirty.
    Welcome to my world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Crisis!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

where abouts are you can ill have a look at it for you.

my dad had the same problem except his was 229 miles ( non- taxi )

most likely its just some bolts came loose , nothing a sprocket set cant put right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

i had one of these and it creaked all over. my creak was from the rear (hatch) and I found that the boot lock hook and receiver knocked against each other.

turn the radio up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

3ps wrote: »
    turn the radio up.....

:D That is exactly what I used to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Rear view mirror?

Advertisement