Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Irish Airport?

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Cork
    Dublin's the only practical choice for me. Location, location, location. :) Selection of destinations is also a contributing factor.

If I had to pick a 2nd it would be KIR. Practical, friendly airport.

As for outside Ireland, I actually like BHX quite a bit. Even when it's really busy it's pleasant enough. Pity it's in Birmingham. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Belfast International (Aldergrove)
    Knock Airport for me. 1hour 15mins from my home in Westport to the Departure Lounge. Things are very simple, and clear cut to get to the airplane from the entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Belfast City
    IRLConor wrote: »
    As for outside Ireland, I actually like BHX quite a bit. Even when it's really busy it's pleasant enough. Pity it's in Birmingham. :p

Very true, big fan of BHX here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 JustaJourno

WexCan wrote: »
    Manchester has a whole park with Concorde G-BOAC, an RJX100 and a refurbished Trident :)

Manchester is fantastic.. why? Because there is a pub right beside the threshold of 23R. Cheap Ryanair flights = day out to the pub in Manchester :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Knock
    Anywhere but Dublin.

Abroad the worst I recall was Toronto, and the best Singapore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Anyone ever been through Kerry airport?

Cork
    pclancy wrote: »

Yep, it's a pretty decent airport. Bugger all there, but it all ran to plan when I was going through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Yes a few times, not in the last 4 years though.

Do they still charge that £5 ( before euro ) when you arrive , with an implied threat that if you don't pay it then you may not get your luggage/ get out of the airport ok?

It was funded partly by this guy I think, read into this what you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_bin_Mahfouz

Anyway , it's a nice enough airport , you always see a couple of Biz Jets sitting there usually N reg ( US ) fugure they could be rich golfers or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Cork
    Dublin for location, convenience. People moan about it but generally speaking I've found it to be OK, occasionally it's a bit of a pain when it's busy & crowded but no worse than Heathrow or Manchester.

My only experiences of Cork were a diversion to Shannon due to weather & a 5 hour delay to the return flight that evening. Next time I'll drive!

Cork
    My only experience of Shannon (other than for stopovers) was when we diverted there after two aborted attempts to land in Dublin. Given the subsequent wait in Shannon (with one crap cheese sandwich) and the horrible bus journey back I would have preferred at least one more attempt in DUB! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Yes a few times, not in the last 4 years though.

Do they still charge that £5 ( before euro ) when you arrive , with an implied threat that if you don't pay it then you may not get your luggage/ get out of the airport ok?

It was funded partly by this guy I think, read into this what you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_bin_Mahfouz

Anyway , it's a nice enough airport , you always see a couple of Biz Jets sitting there usually N reg ( US ) fugure they could be rich golfers or something ?

Interesting. I wonder how legitimate his acquisition of Irish citizenship was considering the administration in power at the time? :D How is there a link between him and the airport though, did he help fund it initially?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi,
    Interesting. I wonder how legitimate his acquisition of Irish citizenship was considering the administration in power at the time? How is there a link between him and the airport though, did he help fund it initially?
    Actually the link is pretty transparent, Kerry airport admit he ( his family ) were investors.

I remember when this first became public knowledge the usual banner headlines about dodgy people funding things etc.

Advertisement