Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted : After Hours Moderator. Apply Within.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'm torn over who to root for here. I like Pighead, he is funny but I feel (being a Dub) an overwhelming obligation to keep them country bumpkin folk out of power. Sorry Piggeh. It's a nice dream alright but you have to know your place, which is potatoe farming.

On one hand we have 6th. A Tallaghfornian, I did a few years living in Tallaght when I was growing up so I feel somewhat connected. However rb_ie did go to the same school as me, and knowing myself i'm sure I beat him up at least once therefore I owe him my vote. You know, posh(ish) school social connections and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Giblet wrote: »
    Jesus I should quit just so people spend days trying to replace me.

They'd actually just throw 6th in instead :(
    Only works if you're an attention seeking whore. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I fully admit that I am an attention whore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I take it then that want to be AH mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

You could always create an attention whore forum for 6th to mod...
    He could post pictures of himself in sexy underwear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

Can a poll be set up and with some of the names of the people nominated and then the good people of After hours can pick the person they would like?

Pighead is the man for me, even if he or she is a bogger. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Tazdedub wrote: »
    Pighead is the man for me, even if he or she is a bogger. :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055202575

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

LadyJ wrote: »
    You could always create an attention whore forum for 6th to mod...
    He could post pictures of himself in sexy underwear.

Posting compromising photos of 6th is my job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Banned for not knowing who Monty is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

All I need is for you to resend the picture of your boobies. I didn't get it the first time.
    :eek:

*shouts* MAJD!!! Take a look at this!

You know I do! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

6th wrote: »
    You know I do! ;)

he gets my vote^^ or monkeyfudge cause i like his name its funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That level of honesty will only work against you 6th. It is a cunning game that they play with your mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Who the hell is Monty the one and only?

No0bie

They've all been playing with me for years now .... its time to let the real games begin!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

sorry 6th but are you people mental. has anyone read 6th thread in Feedback, he wants to imposed stringent rules and regulations on everyone and everything. Then he decides he wants a private members only forum, where he will be the one person who can decide who is allowed in.

Dear GOD NO, not 6th for Mod of AH by all means give him his own forum here he can post photos galore. Please, please not AH

irishbird wrote: »
    Dear GOD NO, not 6th for Mod of AH by all means give him his own forum here he can post photos galore. Please, please not AH

Finally, some sense.

Irishbird for mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

sorry 6th but are you people mental. has anyone read 6th thread in Feedback, he wants to imposed stringent rules and regulations on everyone and everything. Then he decides he wants a private members only forum, where he will be the one person who can decide who is allowed in.

but sure all that'd be part of the fun! like a common enemy to rally against. imagine how unifying it would be for boards?

I'm actually starting to feel really sorry for 6th, hopefully his children never come across this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hmmmm...... i haven't read this thread at all but reckon Asok would be good at the job?

Seems to be online quite a bit, fairly level headed etc.

but sure all that'd be part of the fun! like a common enemy to rally against. imagine how unifying it would be for boards?

not if we are all banned :(

If Asok wanted to mod AH, it'd have happened a long time ago tbh.

rb_ie wrote: »
    I'm actually starting to feel really sorry for 6th, hopefully his children never come across this.

How old are his kids?

Maybe we could let them mod AH. 6th would have a
    very hard time coming to terms with that! Mwahahahahahaha!

Sorry 6th....I'm so deliciously eeevil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I fully admit that I am an attention whore!
    Well done, thats the first step. Only eleven more to go, but we're all behind you here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

When he's made mod there might be a few debts to repay.
    You know who you are. As ye sow so shall ye reap.

Hagar wrote: »
    At that stage the feedback forum would probably asplode with the number of new threads that would be created. The tubes weren't built for that kind of stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Who the hell is Monty the one and only?

There should be a basic test for people who wish to become AH mods.....perhaps something like knowing the context to use typedef in a PI post !!!

Also, I think 6th needs to explain his signature.....

And here was me going off to post an "I'm sorry I was wrong about Irishbird" post over in BGRH after meeting you at the beers :(
    rb_ie wrote: »

At least I dont have to be supervised when I play with kids ;)
    I think 6th needs to explain his signature.....

It means what it says ;)

Anyway should I join in on the trend of having a sig about becoming a AH mod?

• Advertisement

Multiquote, captain postcount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

+1. I'll give 6th the nod..when you learn to use multiquote! Good grief man! :eek:

3.5 years and 5 months.

Hmm.... It could work....

And here was me going off to post an "I'm sorry I was wrong about Irishbird" post over in BGRH after meeting you at the beers :(

sorry 6th, thanks but i dont think it would be good for you to be Mod of AH, you would go all power crazy, ban everyone and boards.ie would die

Multiquote, captain postcount.

My bad.
    Ruu wrote: »
    +1. I'll give 6th the nod..when you learn to use multiquote! Good grief man! :eek:

Get noddin' old timer.
    Hmm.... It could work....

I'll put them on standby!
    sorry 6th, thanks but i dont think it would be good for you to be Mod of AH, you would go all power crazy, ban everyone and boards.ie would die

Ah I think we all know I can be very relaxed. Sure aint I all about the fun when it comes to beers etc?

Sure I dont like how some forums work on here but AH isnt one of them.

Would I move threads? NO.

Why not? Because no thread is out of place in AH - just be prepared for it to be discussed in the AH-stylee ..... booyah!

I don't think it would be an advantage to be relaxed when moderating AH; one should be taut as a barbed wire that an escapee dangles from, always ready to heave the unworthy into the festering wasteland that is the rest of boards, or in extreme cases of heresy the whistling void of the rest of the intarwebs.

Only by this path can one be pure of purpose and ready for the coming of the glorious Admins, hallowed be their names, and the denizens of AH should not know your passing but by the indentation of your banhammer left in the earth.

If reason is needed to undertake this sacred duty, let the coke trails twixt the bosoms of the earth maidens be your reward, with five figure bonuses per banning as the mustard on your blessed pudding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I don't think it would be an advantage to be relaxed when moderating AH; one should be taut as a barbed wire that an escapee dangles from, always ready to heave the unworthy into the festering wasteland that is the rest of boards, or in extreme cases of heresy the whistling void of the rest of the intarwebs.

Only by this path can one be pure of purpose and ready for the coming of the glorious Admins, hallowed be their names, and the denizens of AH should not know your passing but by the indentation of your banhammer left in the earth.

If reason is needed to undertake this sacred duty, let the coke trails twixt the bosoms of the earth maidens be your reward, with five figure bonuses per banning as the mustard on your blessed pudding.

Give it to SimpleSam06. Problem solved.

Hagar wrote: »

Ah I'm not the vengeful type ... except when it comes to that guy over there at the back! :points:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

If this entire thread has taught us anything its that it shouldn't be me, I would only use the position to further my plans to rob something , anything really.

bah all this shameless self promotion is becoming really grating and distracting. WWM hurry up and make up yer mind so we can put and end to this lark and get back to the real important things... like whinging, and moaning, and giving out about politicians and taxi drivers etc.

bah all this shameless self promotion is becoming really grating and distracting. WWM hurry up and make up yer mind so we can put and end to this lark and get back to the real important things... like whinging, and moaning, and giving out about politicians and taxi drivers etc.

*And talking about growler

• Advertisement

Ok well I am off soon to my work meal/drinks ... so could someone PM Jules80 and ask her to text me if I get this?

I'll be drunk when I come online tomorrow/late tonight so that could make for a good start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was going to volunteer for modding the AH forum but having viewed the endless list of talent I think I will just head for the hills again (and my sheep)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Ok well I am off soon to my work meal/drinks ... so could someone PM Jules80 and ask her to text me if I get this?

I'll be drunk when I come online tomorrow/late tonight so that could make for a good start?

put your mobile number up, ill text you myself*

*text received may not be relevant, or the next 4999 to follow.

Just tell us where the meal is and we'll send a delegation in with a sash and a crown for you to wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is this thread a joke?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    is this thread a joke?

probably, but it's more fun to play along with these kind of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just tell us where the meal is and we'll send a delegation in with a sash and a crown for you to wear.
    Delegation - now there's a word that's not used half enough! monkeyfudge for mod!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pighead for mod!!!

Sleepy wrote: »
    Delegation - now there's a word that's not used half enough! monkeyfudge for mod!

Hey :eek: you get back on the LadyJ support waggon!

Hey :eek: you get back on the LadyJ support waggon!

Pfft... I bet there aren't even any monkeys on that wagon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement