Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted : After Hours Moderator. Apply Within.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pfft... I bet there aren't even any monkeys on that wagon.

Is there a band on that wagon? I've always wanted to jump on the bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Pfft... I bet there aren't even any monkeys on that wagon.

Monkeyfudge is a racist and probably eats kittens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

LadyJ wrote: »

no link? source? you should have used "allegedly" then. you're leaving boards open to be sued there you are. a potential mod should know better. off wit ya now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

you're leaving boards open to be sued there you are.

You should have used "allegedly" there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

LadyJ wrote: »

It's true.

I hate whites!

But I've never harmed a kitten. Full grown cats, yes.. but never kittens.

You should have used "allegedly" there.

:o
    It's true.

I hate whites!

But I've never harmed a kitten. Full grown cats, yes.. but never kittens.

what about Silverbacks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

irishbird wrote: »
    sorry 6th but are you people mental.

i like 6th but gas post! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    is this thread a joke?

In one sense: Yes, and in another: no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

so its a limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

6th for mod! Down with the rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

6th is more desperate than the ugly girls at teenage discos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

6th wrote: »
    Would I move threads? NO.

Why not? Because no thread is out of place in AH - just be prepared for it to be discussed in the AH-stylee ..... booyah!

There's a difference between AH and TCN....Anything goes in the TCN because they're all nuts over there, but AH attracts a far more respectable clientelle and it's usually the first port of call for spammers so you'd be doing plenty of moving to the recycle bin !

As for all the cheapskates who want to become a mod just to access the S&S forum, buy a sub !!!!

Actually, there's an idea....the new mod of AH has to be a subscriber !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

The Queen wrote: »
    6th for mod! Down with the rest!
    See, this is what happens when you give them the vote.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    Hes backed into a corner alright, bit of an answer looking for a question situation. Don't get me wrong, 6th is a lovely fella, but lets face it, lovely fellas will get milled by AH. You need a real piece of work at the wheel to keep the balance on this particular rocking chair.
    As for all the cheapskates who want to become a mod just to access the S&S forum, buy a sub !!!!
    Shouldn't you be stuffing your sack or something by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Devil's post.

Gordon wrote: »
    Devil's post.

ah nuts, i was gonna go for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

*cackle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

There's a difference between AH and TCN....Anything goes in the TCN because they're all nuts over there, but AH attracts a far more respectable clientelle and it's usually the first port of call for spammers so you'd be doing plenty of moving to the recycle bin !

Well I meant like topics that some believe belong in e.g. politics would stay but dont expect politics type replies. tCN type crap is usually easy to spot as crap and should be treated as such.

Actually, there's an idea....the new mod of AH has to be a subscriber !!!

I've been a subscriber since not long after I arrived ;)

Would I move threads? NO.

Why not? Because no thread is out of place in AH - just be prepared for it to be discussed in the AH-stylee ..... booyah!

Happy postcount day would be a reality.

Hes backed into a corner alright, bit of an answer looking for a question situation.

Lol, good way of putting it

How is .... actually ... forget it ;)

• Advertisement

Actually if I get it all Christmas threads get locked on the 31th December and anyone who starts another gets banned ... Terry included ;)

Oh and btw, 6th has switched yet again.
    So we've had
    -"I'm ever so good, and a real man of the people" 6th
    -"BLAARRRR I'm a spammy spammer, do to me like you did to Terry and mod me in AH for punishment"

And now it's back to the first one but he feels intent on answering every single question, even those not directed at him, about himself.

I think WWM should test just how far 6th would go for the modship, I'd imagine he'd do some really, really embarrassing stuff.

Actually if I get it all Christmas threads get locked on the 31th December and anyone who starts another gets banned ... Terry included ;)
    And his grasp of English is poor at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

So the bonus of being a mod is you get to talk about sexual stuff in S&S ?

Scuse my nievity,but why cant ya talk about it anywere, is the forum not filled with plenty of sexual content anyway ? :)

Knock that back to December 27th (it gives people a day to talk about how their christmas was) and you have my vote.*

*Due to certain legal situations I may not be eligible to vote.

haven't you heard? there are 12 days in Christmas. or 11, seeing as the wimmins Christmas doesn't really count.

Yeah but thats a quality I'd look for in a maid - just good housekeeping. I mean how many catchy banphrases have you prepped? Have you been maintaining your matins and raising litanies to the admins by the cold, grey, nutshrivelling light of dawn? Where is your heaped mound of troll skulls upon which to build your rust pitted and dread iron throne? Its just not happening I'm afraid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Goddammitt, I'm 52 posts behind you in this thread. Impressive!

biko wrote: »
    Goddammitt, I'm 52 posts behind you in this thread. Impressive!
    53 now, even more impressive :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'll be drunk when I come online
    Disgusting. And being drunk is no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

6ths Horoscope for next week:

Finances look great. Go with your feelings & take note of your thoughts. You will be lead away from rb_ie's house in handcuffs screaming "It was my job, mine, don't you understand?"

HavoK wrote: »
    6ths Horoscope for next week:

Finances look great. Go with your feelings & take note of your thoughts. You will be lead away from rb_ie's house in handcuffs screaming "It was my job, mine, don't you understand?"

I actually lol'd at this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i nominate havok purely because making him a mod has stopped him being a muppet, making him a AH mod might turn him into something great...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Unban Pocari Sweat and give him the job. You can be guaranteed that he has absolutely nothing better to do with his time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Similar to the idea of raising 500€ to make Pighead an AH mod for a week, how about a "AH mod-idol" in aid of SSF.

Those interested have to donate 50€ to enter and the existing AH mods vote off 1 a day until the last remaining survivor is crowned an AH mod ????

Similar to the idea of raising 500€ to make Pighead an AH mod for a week, how about a "AH mod-idol" in aid of SSF.

Those interested have to donate 50€ to enter and the existing AH mods vote off 1 a day until the last remaining survivor is crowned an AH mod ????
    No.

Who'd actually pay to be a mod, apart from 6th?

No.

Who'd actually pay to be a mod, apart from 6th?

all the other profiles 6th would create to increase his chances probably would.

I heard 6th doesnt like growler

• Advertisement

I wonder, assuming this thread isn't a christmas pisstake, are the mods weighing up who to offer the job to against the chance that that individual might reject it with howls of laughter? :D

I wonder, assuming this thread isn't a christmas pisstake, are the mods weighing up who to offer the job to against the chance that that individual might reject it with howls of laughter? :D

... I don't like to use the word stupid in a reply. So:
    You know there's an old adage: 'There's no such thing as a stupid question'?
    Well, do you also know the adage: 'There's an exception to every rule adage'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It is my opinion that this is infact a piss-take, the mod's would have decided between themselves who would be suitable to be a mod, then realised that anyone who posts in AH is a bad choice, there is probably another thread like this one in one of the Science forums if they would even advertise this sort of thing.

Uber-Meh.

Karoma wrote: »
    ... I don't like to use the word stupid in a reply. So:
    You know there's an old adage: 'There's no such thing as a stupid question'?
    Well, do you also know the adage: 'There's an exception to every rule adage'?
    I'll note that there is neither confirmation nor denial in that response...

AH is different to other fora and the moderation is different and so it stands to reason that the selection is different. The thread is serious. We're reading it. WWM reads what you write and takes it on-board. That's not to say he'll be bound to go with what you want, just that he'll give it consideration.

Personally: For me, most of this thread has highlighted who not to choose and why.

I'll note that there is neither confirmation nor denial in that response...
    Figures.

Personally: For me, most of this thread has highlighted who not to choose and why.

ah... so it is a stupidity filter. :D

and how can you possibly take on board all of what was said here? all the sh*t would surely make a rational person go on a psychopathic homicidal rampage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

all the sh*t would surely make a rational person go on a psychopathic homicidal rampage.

*Loads Shotgun*

Wait, I'm irrational.

*Puts shotgun away*

ah... so it is a stupidity filter. :D

and how can you possibly take on board all of what was said here? all the sh*t would surely make a rational person go on a psychopathic homicidal rampage.

I don't speak for WWM. His thread - his intentions - his attitude: all differ from mine, most likely.

The same way I read the vast majority of posts in AH... *grabs a shovel and petrol can*

AH is different to other fora and the moderation is different and so it stands to reason that the selection is different. The thread is serious. We're reading it. WWM reads what you write and takes it on-board. That's not to say he'll be bound to go with what you want, just that he'll give it consideration.

Figures.
    Meh. We've been dancing for the amusement of all and sundry for the last thirty five pages. I thought it might be interesting to see if the other side of this discussion knew any of the steps.

Turns out they do. Thanks for that.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Why are people fighting for the mod position? The people who put their names forword are on the list. Just let WWM decide and stop all the bickering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You'd be the hooker tbh.

You'd be paid in monkey nuts.
    I just re-read that. I'd be paid in monkeyfudge's nuts? Not a bad condition I suppose...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement