Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted : After Hours Moderator. Apply Within.

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Reminds me of a panto I once saw in a psychiatric hospital, performed by paranoid schizophrenics. :/
    It got interesting when the audience shouted "he's behind you!

Am not x infinite + infinite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Karoma wrote: »
    Reminds me of a panto I once saw in a psychiatric hospital, performed by paranoid schizophrenics. :/
    It got interesting when the audience shouted "he's behind you!

Am not x infinite + infinite.

Ah I remember that one..... Turns out he had another head attached onto his back....

Lets just agree to disagree...

No.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

yes....

******with my scariest scowl***** Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I don't if anyone asked as I have no intention reading all the pages how much does the job pay? how many hours? what hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I don't know if anyone asked as I have no intention reading all the pages how much does the job pay? how many hours? what hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

no pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone asked as I have no intention reading all the pages how much does the job pay? how many hours? what hours?

On call 24 hours a day but you get free head from those with less than 100 posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

no pay

liar. it's just under 90k plus banning bonuses. there's also free hookers and drugs apparently. the hours are **** though.

• Advertisement

Only pay you get is coke and hookers......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

it says no pay on wikipedia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Do moderators ever get sacked? I can think of one Mod who is a bit of a git at times, on the other side there are some mods who are extremely good and informative.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Do moderators ever get sacked?

[high horse]its not a job you know, they dont get paid :rolleyes: [/high horse]

seriously though, i believe 2 mods got their modship removed some time ago but i dont know whether it was for being bold or not.

faceman wrote: »
    [high horse]its not a job you know, they dont get paid :rolleyes: [/high horse]

seriously though, i believe 2 mods got their modship removed some time ago but i dont know whether it was for being bold or not.
    So the term is 'removed' rather than sacked then:p. I think it would be a job to moderate AH;). Would be fun though I guess for anyone that wanted to do it, definately a calling I'd say.

Do moderators ever get sacked? I can think of one Mod who is a bit of a git at times, on the other side there are some mods who are extremely good and informative.

You get retired. Several have been removed from the moderator group for different reasons, and some sitebanned.
    Only one mod? Ah, a 2007 reg...

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote: »
    You get retired. Several have been removed from the moderator group for different reasons, and some sitebanned.
    Only one mod? Ah, a 2007 reg...
    I find the choice of mods that exist on this site to be very good. Tis one of the few sites that can stay informitive and relitavely objective on personal and general issues on a wide range of issues at the same time.

I find this forum to be excellent for advice in many areas, I think that in no small way that it is down to the choice of Mods 'employed' to keep things on track and stop idiots from getting a hold. So kudos there to the Mods overall to be able to effectively do a job with no 'pay', well done. (Like I said earlier, tis a bit of a calling in a way).
    Just thought I'd express that as it probably isn't said enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I find the choice of mods that exist on this site to be very good. Tis one of the few sites that can stay informitive and relitavely objective on personal and general issues on a wide range of issues at the same time.

I find this forum to be excellent for advice in many areas, I think that in no small way that it is down to the choice of Mods 'employed' to keep things on track and stop idiots from getting a hold. So kudos there to the Mods overall to be able to effectively do a job with no 'pay', well done. (Like I said earlier, tis a bit of a calling in a way).

GOOD JESUS!

Who are you, and what are you doing here?

This is not normal AH type behaviour! Youre supposed to tell us we all suck, we're all egomanical meglomaniacs who ban random people for having different opinions, oh, and we all have small penises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

oh, and we all have small penises.
    speak for yourself.

oh wait... that's not right... :\

g'em wrote: »
    speak for yourself.

>_>

GOOD JESUS!

Who are you, and what are you doing here?

This is not normal AH type behaviour! Youre supposed to tell us we all suck, we're all egomanical meglomaniacs who ban random people for having different opinions, oh, and we all have small penises.
    Oh well I guess I don't qualify then. Damn CV has a picture of my huge knob, I would have put it up, but the size resrictions on pictures prevented me from doing so:D

Seriously though I do have a huge one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

we all have small penises.
    g'em wrote: »
    speak for yourself.

amp wrote: »
    Indeed. There are some key myths about moderators that are constantly assumed by some users:

3. Moderators have enormous cocks.
    This is entirely true.
    I'm so tempted to ask "Even the women?", but I'm afraid I'll get banned for not using my common sense ... :confused:
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    No
    You're not wrong, even the women....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Well thank jeebus for that, and there I was thinking that for probably the first time ever I was wrong. I shouldn't scare myself like that.

You people talk a lot of cock.
    Let's end this thread and move on with our lives, or at least to the other thread about the same thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I agree.

Good thread though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dudess wrote: »
    Hmmm... Wonder what those "issues" are. Is this person... very argumentative?

No. Very female. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Who'd have thunk? A boards shill.

You're supposed to make that post over on stormfront, ya know?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Slow coach wrote: »
    No. Very female. :p

Typical, coming in here, tekkinurjawbs.

DEY TUKKURR JAWWWWWBS.

Slow coach wrote: »
    Who'd have thunk? A boards shill.

You're supposed to make that post over on stormfront, ya know?

I aint no shill pal. I give appreciation where it is due. I have found the boards in the right places very helpful and I expressed that to those that might have been a part of that. But...there will always be some dumb comments. That is life / forums I guess. Regardless of status ie: Mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and we all love you for it.

i think i will close this thread now.
    the deed is done, the day is over and we all need to move on with our lives.
    thanks you all for your participation. especially 6th.
    hes funny :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement