Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted : After Hours Moderator. Apply Within.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Waitwait scratch that. I don't want the gig. And I'm only borderline alco :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Post!

HA! Beaten by nanoseconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

rb_ie wrote: »
    Someone had better put 6th on suicide watch asap.

That's so true. Man he's gonna be in some sulk. Wait til you see what happens. Because he didn't get it he's gonna go to the other extreme and wreak havok here. Ohhh he's gonna get alot of bannings, call people names etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Terry wrote: »
    No way.

The next alco to post in this thread gets the gig.

Apparently the mod jobs just get passed to the same people like a good whore. Oh well, at least I have chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

That's my bf, we share the account sometimes.

Its amazing how much people post on these sites.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll throw my name into the hat. I regularly bleach my anus so I think I am more than qualified for the position. OT: could you recommend a good anal bleacher, Karoma? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Pighead should get the gig if you're being serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Uh..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Also after receiving my new computer, I should be able to be on more or less 24/7.

http://www.ryanbyrd.net/PortablePC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'll throw my name into the hat. I regularly bleach my anus so I think I am more than qualified for the position. OT: could you recommend a good anal bleacher, Karoma? :D

Different strokes for different folks. For you: It'd be a mix of Domestos and Mr Muscle's sink and plughole unlocker.

Oh, and so we all know: I was taking the piss earlier ... creating a mod conspiracy of one, but it was worth it. Settle down, littleangryman. It's almost no fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Just got a PM off WWM, looks like I'm gonna be ye'r overlord for the forseeable future! woohoo :D

My opponents faught a long and hard campaign, and they deserve our utmost respect. Unfortunately their petty bickering proved to distract from the real issue which this campaign was about: who is the most reliable person to take AH into the 21st century and beyond?

Turns out that person was my good self :) I shall bear you all in mind, don't worry ;)

I always knew you'd go places, what was it I used to say to you?

'Dave, you'll go places' IIRC.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Just got a PM off WWM, looks like I'm gonna be ye'r overlord for the forseeable future! woohoo :D

My opponents faught a long and hard campaign, and they deserve our utmost respect. Unfortunately their petty bickering proved to distract from the real issue which this campaign was about: who is the most reliable person to take AH into the 21st century and beyond?

Turns out that person was my good self :) I shall bear you all in mind, don't worry ;)

i dont know whats sadder, the fact you got selected or the fact that you came on here "gloating"

If i could Insert a cat picture right now i would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Well done, dave, hope you don't already have a life :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ah, a thread full of lick arse's. How refreshing :p

i dont know whats sadder, the fact you got selected or the fact that you came on here "gloating"

[00:03] <+agent^smith> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055201884 vote early, vote often, vote smith
    [00:03] <+[BTC]Viriconia> I wouldn't let you near AH as a mod
    [00:03] <+agent^smith> *paid for by the vote smith foundation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Remember I said I would ban you last? I lied.

Karoma wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks. For you: It'd be a mix of Domestos and Mr Muscle's sink and plughole unlocker.

I was actually looking for a professional service, someone who will do it for me. I wanna treat myself for christmas. Thanks for the help though.

After this helpful post I think Karoma would make a good AH mod. I like the cut of his gib. Saying that I don't know what a gib is and whether or not I would want to cut it. It could be painful.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

My secret shame ;_;

Oh, I'll gladly do it to for you.

Aw, shucks. Thanks. I'd never mod AH though. The moderators here are tossers. The posters are idiots. It wouldn't be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Aw, shucks. Thanks. I'd never mod AH though. The moderators here are tossers. The posters are idiots. It wouldn't be worth it.

.........................:D

I like your old icon better.

Pigman II wrote: »
    I like your old icon better.

You mean my avatar? So do I. I gave into bullying by galwaygay99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So did I. But I had to do a bit more than change my avatar........ :(

It still hurts ;_;

Yes indeed. You should never bend to a gay bashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ah...my very first post using wifi on my phone. takes quite some time but...so worth it.

• Advertisement

I'm so tempted to **** the formatting of these pages up just for you... Scroll, boy, scroll!

DaveMcG: Will you support my efforts in getting a Non-Stamp Collectors Club forum? It's a lifestyle choice.
    G'wan! you have nothing better to be doing - certainly not moderating AH.

I don't think you'd want to be giving it to me after bleaching my anus. I know some people might give you stick about your ginger pubes but this is not the way to get rid of them.
    The moderators here are tossers. The posters are idiots.

Maybe I should retract my application so then. I don't really like to toss, I tend to throw more than toss. Also I'm not really an idiot (I've got an IQ of 560, I did an online IQ test once) so I don't know where I fit in. :confused:

Maybe I should retract my application so then. I don't really like to toss, I tend to throw more than toss. Also I'm not really an idiot (I've got an IQ of 560, I did an online IQ test once) so I don't know where I fit in. :confused:
    You don't. Retraction accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

You're royally ****ed now. You'll see why when you discover what the WWM Test is.

Hmmm, does it involve washing a white man? I could possibly live with that.

Any other combination, such as being white washed by a man, might be more of ask.

How about the Karoma test, I'd imagine that would be fairly innocuous.

You'll find out in due time.

I am officially the nicest AH moderator that ever was, is, or shall be.

Laughs hysterically knowing that several people will PM "so it's 'official'? who is the next moderator? WHY WASN'T IT MEEE?!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah, Pighead got the gig, just spoke to Emo. Sorry, Eamo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I hearby decleare, once again, that I vote for 6th. He is the most suitable candidate, and clearly can take the heat in this dual. While the other party, gets hot and bothered and resorts to digs while 6th casually laughs them of and makes a small comment back - CRUSHING his oponent.

However... why has nobody applied with a contract? Didnt we learn ANYTHING from the elections? Might help ya gain a few votes there rb ;)

[This has to be the best AH thread eva!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Just so eveyone knows, I havent decided who the next AH mod will be yet.

Although, I do like the idea of a female moderator who can go on mad rampages of banning sprees whenever a bout of mysogeny shows its head on this forum.

We could just blame it on it being 'that time of the month', and theres 'nothing we can do about it' ;)

So, if any chicks wich to send me pictures of their boobs, it will certainly increase the chances of getting the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Although, I do like the idea of a female moderator who can go on mad rampages of banning sprees whenever a bout of mysogeny shows its head on this forum.

We could just blame it on it being 'that time of the month', and theres 'nothing we can do about it' ;)

So, if any chicks wich to send me pictures of their boobs, it will certainly increase the chances of getting the gig.
    You're asking for one naassty pic from 6th there WWM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well, if you won't give the job to Mordeth... my vote goes for LadyJ. She's a regular poster here and has started some of the forum's best threads in recent memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm sending a link to that post to your wife.
    No dinner for you for the next week. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

WWM: If I was to, you know, give you a nice chunky brown envelope.. and maybe a few beautys... think id be able to get you to agree on a mod with me? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I agree with Sully, i would recommend 6th. he's a good guy. anyone with a handlebar moustache smig thing is.

and Karoma lies. LIES I TELLS YE!

edit: now that i think of it Biko is a nice guy too. always helpful. one of the above would do more than satisfactorily. you can close this thread now. :)

Sully wrote: »
    give you a nice chunky brown envelope.

That's disgusting.

That's disgusting.

Ah but whats in the envelope will give him a lifetime of happiness ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What about Dudess then for gender balance on the AH Mod committee...?

Should probably have at least one member of the latino communityin there too.

She's a latino? Damn I used to fancy her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... she's originally from Puerto Rico... I'd imagine... yes..

I dunno if I'm missing something but is Terry stepping down from AH? Sorry if I've missed it. He said the below in a different thread:
    Terry wrote: »
    There I was, hoping that my last ban would be a funny one.
    Ahh well.

So the above combined with the fact that you guys are looking for a new mod. My apologies if it's been said somewhere that he is leaving, I never noticed it. T'would be sad to see him leave, he's done wonders with AH and he's a funny c'nut too.

Pity. Him and Karoma were the only good mods on here. The rest were shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Pigman II wrote: »
    Pity. Him and Karoma were the only good mods on here. The rest were shít.

wait.... there were other mods?

I'm off my sugar+caffeine high. Feck. :/

Terry is stepping down, unfortunately.
    WWM is looking for another moderator.

My posts early on in the thread were created to cause a mod conspiracy (of one). It worked. I laughed. You suck.

As for a female moderator for the sake of a female moderator: **** that. I'm not an equal opportunist - suggest someone who will do a decent job. (Not that the decision is mine.)

Let's get some proper suggestions in here: When you're saying Who, say Why.

Wimmin can't do a good job modding.

Terry is stepping down, unfortunately.

Ballcocks. That's a damn shame.

• Advertisement

Give the job to a foreigner so we can scream "DEY TUK DER JERBS" at him/her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement