Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Dublin-Gatwick

Options
  • 16-12-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody got any idea how Aer Lingus are doing on this route?

Flew with Ryanair ex-Gatixk last night, there were three Dublin flights (two FR and one EI) within a half hour of each other. Can't imagine that can continue, we were confined to rows 7-29 on a B738 with plenty of empty seats in that section.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Also BA flights leaving from the North Terminal.

I work in Gatwick and fly home at least monthly. My last few trips have been with Aer Lingus. Loads are reasonable, though nothing to write home about. Yesterday LGW-DUB it was 101+4 (out of 174 seats). Over the past few weeks I've had as low as 60.

Can't imagine the two evening Ryanair departures (within 15-20 mins of each other) will continue. I can see one being dropped.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

WexCan wrote: »
    Can't imagine the two evening Ryanair departures (within 15-20 mins of each other) will continue. I can see one being dropped.

FR have a large enough fleet to enable them to crown out an airport to reduce loads on competitors. I think it was EasyJet they chased out of SNN a few years ago. Flooded the schedule to make it unfeasible for Eazy to break even,when the pulled out FR reduced their schedule again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bramble wrote: »
    FR have a large enough fleet to enable them to crown out an airport to reduce loads on competitors. I think it was EasyJet they chased out of SNN a few years ago. Flooded the schedule to make it unfeasible for Eazy to break even,when the pulled out FR reduced their schedule again.

Ryanair have had the two late flights out of Gatwick for a while, well before EI launched the route.

Advertisement