Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need to change the battery in girlfriends 206, easy job?

Options
  • 16-12-2007 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭

her battery is gone so it needs a new un,

first off where do i pick one up? halfords? are all car batterys the same?

Also is it a big job change it in a 1.1 pug 206?

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

shouldn't take more than 10 mins. Don't know if halfords do them but you should be able to pick one up at any garage, they are about €60. not all batteries are the same so you will have to tell them it's for a 206, disconnect the terminals, negative first, take out the battery, put in the new one connecting positive first, you might have to clean the terminals before connecting them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I got a battery for an astra recently in the local motor factors, was 40 euro cheaper than halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Halfords do them and will fit it for you for an extra few Euro. No idea how they compare with prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Halfords charge double what my local motor factor charges for batteries. It's a simple job to do and if you can't do it then i'm sure any motor factor would do it for you or show you how

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

also make sure you have the pin code for your radio handy after putting in the new battery. usually once the battery is disconnect and reconnected most radio will prompt for the pin code i.e. like if somebody had stolen the radio from the car in the first place.

10 mins max to change.

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They are usually anchored to the support tray by a small bolt ~8mm IIRC

Advertisement