Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOC10010 - Foundations of Sociology

• 16-12-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

As this is a repeat exam (and I did pretty well in the exam itself last year, just missed the deadline for coursework and didn't go to the tutorials) I'm wondering was there any tips given in the last couple of lecturers as to what might be coming up tomorrow?

I'm presuming its 'pick from 6 and write short essays' like the last few exams?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No real hints about what is exactly coming up, but the layout was on blackboard a bit back. All three main theorists(Marx, Weber, Durkheim), divided into 2/3 questions on each, and do 2. Short essays yes, which for me is 2/3 pages...grand! And now I'm off to start my Weber study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

"Students are required to answer 2 questions in a 2 hour examination.

In all there are 3 questions which cover the three main theorists.

But each question in turn has three parts and you are required to select just one part for answering."

9 questions, of which you do 2? Damn... sounds good to me :D

I wonder if you're actually allowed answer two questions on one person...that'd be fairly sweet, although unlikely!

Well I'm guessing that if there's a question on Durkheim, they'll have to ask either his;

Theory on Suicide
    OR
    Theory on the Division of Labour

As the theory on religion was an essay question.

Then I'm ignoring weber - as his stuff is a little complicated, and just prepping Marx :

Theory Of Alienation
    Theory of Historical Materialism
    Theory of Idealogy

Of course, if the predictions don't go according to plan then you'll be seeing a hairy fella ducking outside the anglesea road entrance, bottle of jack daniels in hand...

Yeah, with the layout of the exam, it was going to be something like that. I was down near the entrance door to Industries Hall, so didnt see any hairy fella ducking out with JD in hand:D. Easy exam eh? Went well, only thing I studied on Weber came up(bureaucracy), Marx was easy(alienation).

• Advertisement

Durkheim - Suicide, Marx - Alienation. Out of there in just over an hour; piss take of an exam compared to last years.

Advertisement