Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06'Skoda-octavia 1.9 D,warrenty.....

Options
  • 16-12-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hey,

i have an 06 skoda octavia,have it 2 years in april.The mechanic has told me the fly wheel is gone,just wondering does anyone know will skoda cover this under the warrenty???there is 156 kilometres on the clock as it is a taxi.any replys would be helpful.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

most warrantys last for three years or 150k:( not so sure about skoda though

• Registered Users Posts: 31 colm reilly

thanks,its a two year warrenty but im not sure that they will cover as it is the fly wheel thats gone and it works of the clutch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

It has a 2 year warranty.Not sure about the milage.But they should cover the flywheel.The fact that its a Taxi makes no difference,after all it the Taxi industry that has boosted Skoda sales in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd say commerical use as a Taxi would restrict what kind of warrenty they will honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most manufacturers have a mileage limitation on their warranties too. A PSV might also have different stipulations in the terms and conditions of that warranty too.

Best thing to do is ring the garage you bought the car from to be sure rather than speculating here.

• Advertisement

ok guys thanks for the replys hoping for the best when i get in touch with the garage 2moro

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

You should be alright as your car is under the two years regardless of the mileage.
    Count yourself lucky it's gone while your car is under warranty.I replaced the flywheel in my 05 Octy last week and it cost €1180 in TMC Navan. Phoenix Motors wanted over €1600 which really pissed me off because I bought the car from them:mad: .

Everyone I know who has bought one of those Octavias has had to replace the Flywheel. It seems to me that they should have been recalled.

The 2l version in the UK was recalled for the same problem so it seems as though we are getting shafted over here..

thats some differance in price ,got mine in prussia st to ,tanks for the info '

Advertisement