Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats to Andy Lee.

Options
  • 16-12-2007 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Would prefer if this was not moved to the boxing forum as I have alrady started a thread on Andy there a few days ago.

Just wanted to start one here to say congrats to him and well done for being a great role model. He had yet another good win last night and became the supermiddle weight champion of Ireland in the process. He also said on live TV that he wants to have a televised fight here in Limerick, his hometown. He always has nothing but good to say about Limerick and does so in his interviews with the media, both tv and paper press, on a regular basis.

So once again, Well done Andy Lee, you are a credit to boxing and a credit to Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Too true.

I'm not the biggest boxing fan, but the city is doing very well for itself producing great sports stars like Andy, Sam Lynch, Paul O'Connell etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Indeed, well done Andy and his team. A great performance by Andy.

As Kess points out, Andy says positive things about Limerick at any opportunity. He is a fine ambassador for the city. I thought it was a nice touch by him on saturday night, after his win, to brandish the tricolour with "St Francis boxing club, Limerick" written across it.

Well done again Andy and best wishes for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭knightmare

Well Done on Saturday Night Andy. Great show - looking forward to seeing you fight in limerick in the new year & hopefully for a world title in the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

whats with his moving tattoo??!!!:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Fair play to him, i see him when he flies back out to Detroit after all his irish fights. So he'll prob be there Thursday or Friday. A great ambassador and he will definitely be a huge star in a few years(outside Ireland).

Pity he's not really irish though ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Fingers crossed for a Lee headlined card at the Gaelic Grounds next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Melion wrote: »
    Fair play to him, i see him when he flies back out to Detroit after all his irish fights. So he'll prob be there Thursday or Friday. A great ambassador and he will definitely be a huge star in a few years(outside Ireland).

Pity he's not really irish though ;);)

Ahh we can overlook the born in London bit in this case. ;)

The kid is a class act though, and does this city proud here and in the States.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Fingers crossed for a Lee headlined card at the Gaelic Grounds next year :D

Wouldnt be surprised with a Thomond Park event once its open fully.

Advertisement