Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First E92 M3 on Carzone..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I call dibs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I don't like that power dome, it just doesn't look subtle enough or something.

I'll take 2 regardless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

The "I need Fuel symbol" in the last photo will be a familiar sight to the lucky owner of that car, I've seen a couple of them up north, they look stunning on the road, the photos don't do it justice.

They seem to be Zonda thirsty from the road tests I've read. I'm a regular down at the local petrol station with my E46 M3 and it seems to be economical compared to the new one!

Despite that, I'll be watching the price drop slowly untill I can afford one!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

They really are a lovely machine in the Market for one at the moment and can not wait to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Very nice but it doesnt have the paddle shift gears, I would prefer the M5 anyday,More power and has many extras.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=686152

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Dre, very few would opt for an auto M3.

I'd say you're talking 150-200 miles from a tank at a rough guess.

Fair play TCP/IP, hope you can negotiate a nice discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Saw an 07 in black the other day on Gardiner st. Joe Duffys have a nice white one in the showroom - definitely shows off the carbon fibre roof a lot more but impossible to live with white in Ireland me thinks
    The salesman said they had 4 sold already including the white one

I do think they are not differentiated enough from the 335i though

MarkN wrote: »
    Dre, very few would opt for an auto M3.

I'd say you're talking 150-200 miles from a tank at a rough guess.

Fair play TCP/IP, hope you can negotiate a nice discount.

Had a hired M5 in the UK for a day - averaged 13mpg although in fairness we were tearing it up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

drdre wrote: »
    Very nice but it doesnt have the paddle shift gears, I would prefer the M5 anyday,More power and has many extras.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=686152

The wood in that M5 just looks wrong IMO.

I'd agree with that to a point Bazman, a lot of lads who notice my car take a look at the badge on the back when they walk past just to check I think, twin exhausts either side don't help matters either.

But if you see one in the flesh they are quite different.

• Advertisement

I personally would only like an smg box and not manual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I wonder did they order in that before or after they lost their dealership...

Seven Worlds will Collide

I wonder did they order in that before or after they lost their dealership...

Jayyyyyyyyysus :eek:

Wow, so Duffy's get to sell BMWs and Capital don't. Go figure!! :rolleyes:

The franchise possibly comes down to showroom size, would I be right? And due to that, Capital can't sell Mini. Their customer service certainly didn't lose them the name anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I personally would only like an smg box and not manual

Yep smg over manual anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Pat Keogh has one in the showroom, was out there dropping in something a few weeks back and It was looking *sweet*

Worth checking if it's sold for anyone in the market...gunmetal grey IIRC.

I imagine the S5 is going to do some damage to BMWs sales targets for the M3 Coupe though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Jayyyyyyyyysus :eek:

Wow, so Duffy's get to sell BMWs and Capital don't. Go figure!! :rolleyes:

The franchise possibly comes down to showroom size, would I be right? And due to that, Capital can't sell Mini. Their customer service certainly didn't lose them the name anyway!

MarkN...I'm only going by what this poster here said and a work colleague from Tullamore.

I did experience less than expected service from them a couple of years ago while trying to buy a new BMW.

Seven Worlds will Collide

ninty9er wrote: »
    Pat Keogh has one in the showroom, was out there dropping in something a few weeks back and It was looking *sweet*

Worth checking if it's sold for anyone in the market...gunmetal grey IIRC.

I imagine the S5 is going to do some damage to BMWs sales targets for the M3 Coupe though

The S5 is not even as good as a 335i the M3 even the older model is in a different class to the S5

The S5 is not even as good as a 335i the M3 even the older model is in a different class to the S5

Yep Fifth Gear took the S5 and 335i round their track - 335i just shaded it. M3 is in a different league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Agreed re wood trim in the M5. Looks awful. Carbon or aluminium looks much better in sportier cars.

S5 is not a competitor for M3, S5 is more of a competitor for 335.

The RS5 will compete directly with the M3. Now that will be a fun battle.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Hmmm. Im not convinced by its look. I think the standard 335i looks better. I dont like the carbon alloys, fussy side trim under the door, and the bulge and holes in the bonnet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

335i is the new M3.

The E92 M3 is a stunning motor, but its just too expensive and exclusive, and has lost what the M3 stood for.

335i is the new M3.

The E92 M3 is a stunning motor, but its just too expensive and exclusive, and from what a few people are saying it has lost what the M3 stood for.

A brand new E46 M3 was also expensive and exclusive. They were €100,000 give or take.

The E92 has almost every option box ticked as standard.

And as much as the 335i is a great car and I love mine, it does not have that raw madness that an M3 has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

And as much as the 335i is a great car and I love mine, it does not have that raw madness that an M3 has.

Well a 335i is mad enough :-)
    M3 in Ireland is just if you want to show off, cause fuel consumption in town and commute is insane.

mick.fr wrote: »
    Well a 335i is mad enough :-)
    M3 in Ireland is just if you want to show off, cause fuel consumption in town and commute is insane.

Fuel consumption is not to bad at about 20/21 mpg I am only getting 25 mpg on my Z4.

Fuel consumption is not to bad at about 20/21 mpg I am only getting 25 mpg on my Z4.

I think that is very much on the in very good conditions side of things.

I would barely get those figures in a 335 and you're talking over 100bhp more and a V8 being fed.

MarkN -you must be doing all city driving as you should be getting better than 21/22 mpg in the 335i I would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I get anywhere between 19 -27 Mpg in the E46 M3, not that bad, I have a fairly heavy right foot when I'm not on the motorway (which is a fair amount of the time these days hence the 27Mpg)

The new M3 "should" get around the same as it's a lighter engine and I presume the fuel saving technology has come on a bit since 2000.

The journalists would have been tearing the hole out of the test cars so the 14Mpg they complain about is probably unrealistic.

TheBazman wrote: »
    MarkN -you must be doing all city driving as you should be getting better than 21/22 mpg in the 335i I would have thought?

Yep, all city stuff. I will be taking a few trips on longer journeys over Christmas so I will see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I wonder if a lighter 135i could keep close. Same peak torqure but from 1300rpm. As new models come im getting a growing sense of performance cars out growing irish roads. 420bhp. How often would use this kind of power sanely I wonder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement