Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

change of ownership issue

Options
  • 16-12-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    i am changing ownership on my car,
    il tell ya the story
    i was in usa for the summer, gave teh car to my friend and got him to ign for ownership forr the summer.
    he is now gone to germany for a year and wont be coming back but i need to get ownership back in my name, how do i get around the signature i need to get off him?kood i chance scribbling sum kind of a thing or how should i go about it?!
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Just sign it yourself, They wont check it so you should have your new log book in a week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Get your mate to photograph or scan his signature and email it to you. Then at least you can make an educated guess at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Just do it legally. Post him the VRC, registered. It'll cost about €8. Then have him sign it and send it direct to Shannon.....

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    Just do it legally. Post him the VRC, registered. It'll cost about €8. Then have him sign it and send it direct to Shannon.....
    Yep i think thats a better way.But it can take a lot of time to do this, first send it there then get it sent back.Anyway its a better option then faking a signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Gil_Dub wrote: »

Registered post to Germany and Back....? FFS...!!!!!

Don't be makin' work for yourself.

If you have a copy of his sig, just copy it. If you don't just fire something down yourself and slap it off in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

FFS people, please do not suggest to commit fraud. What Gil_Dub said!

unkel wrote: »
    FFS people, please do not suggest to commit fraud. What Gil_Dub said!

Nobody would do such a thing :rolleyes:

Advertisement