Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800 running at constant 76c

Options
  • 16-12-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi my friends PC, which he brought premade from ankermann, seems to be running very loud all the time..

We just checked the temps and some of them seem extremely high..

Like the graphics card is running at 76c..

Its the 8800gts 640mb version..

I tried speedfan, but it didn't work.. any other ideas to get the temp down? should it be that high? his whole computer just sounds like a hoover..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

jonny72 wrote: »
    Hi my friends PC, which he brought premade from ankermann, seems to be running very loud all the time..

We just checked the temps and some of them seem extremely high..

Like the graphics card is running at 76c..

Its the 8800gts 640mb version..

I tried speedfan, but it didn't work.. any other ideas to get the temp down? should it be that high? his whole computer just sounds like a hoover..

other than the noise and the high temperatures is there anything else causing concern, eg. system freezes, pc working slow etc., could be many reasons, would need more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

A GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB has a full load temp of 78c.
    The 8800 GTX has a full load temp of 85c.
    The 8800 GT has a full load temp of 91c.

Found this info here

Perhaps you should make sure the all the fan speeds are set to auto, if the computer was sent to you with all the Fan speeds set to max it will sound like a plane on take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Vulture wrote: »
    A GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB has a full load temp of 78c.
    The 8800 GTX has a full load temp of 85c.
    The 8800 GT has a full load temp of 91c.

Found this info here

Perhaps you should make sure the all the fan speeds are set to auto, if the computer was sent to you with all the Fan speeds set to max it will sound like a plane on take off.

thanks, how do i make sure they are set to auto? wherebouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

You should try using google for these things first, a quick search revealed this.
    Here

As for the fans for the rest of your system you should pull out the manuals and start using google, a couple of hours of research will teach you alot about your shiny new machine.

Computer should defiantly not sound like a hover if you can't get it working correctly you should pull out your warranty details and find the tech support number and a box of valium :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Vulture wrote: »
    You should try using google for these things first, a quick search revealed this.
    Here

thanks.
    As for the fans for the rest of your system you should pull out the manuals and start using google, a couple of hours of research will teach you alot about your shiny new machine.

no thanks, its a friend's machine, just wanted a quick answer from an expert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

download this http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163 to adjust gpu fan speeds

Advertisement