Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make-up help!

• 16-12-2007 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I don't wear make up everyday but when I go out and after I've gotton ready I think I look grand, and then I see the photos the next day and I look horrible! I don't think I'm putting enough on but I don't want to have an orange face like most of the girls out there.

I think the problem is that the makeup doesnt last very long on me so the foundation comes off, and even eyeshadow fades.

I don't use a primer. Should i be? And what foundation would you recommend? I don't know whether I should use liquid or powder or both?! Apparently 'setting' the makeup with powder afterwords makes it last longer.

Also looking for advice on concealer...to be honest I'm using foundation to conceal dark circles under eyes at the moment.

By the way I have quite sensitive, dry skin which is annoying but I've used brands like MaxFactor, Rimmel, Isadora etc. with little problems. I have special moisturiser for my skin but I don't know whether I can put it on just before wearing makeup...? Would doing this make the foundation not last?

Sorry for all the questions I need a major make over in time for Christmas!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

killaqueen,, dont worry photos always make you look paler so the genreal public dont see that image of you!

i recently went to a beutician and dhe reccomede using mac make up, ( i too have pale, dry skin) she said you should use your usual moisturizer under the foundation but put it on about ten min before so it has time to soak in and act a a primer.

the foundation comes a a solid compact and is actually quite smoth. you can also buy the powder which has a litle foundation in it as well but it isnt nessesary as there is great coverage withoout looking orange or caked. this make up is reccomended for photos too (i was getting married and did not want to look washed out)

isadora eveshadow is brill and the key is to build up layers of colour, one slick over the eye will look fine but it will fade off. another trick she used with me was a slick of gold eyeshaow near the eyelash line (i have blue eyes) this worked miracals!!!!! everyone kept asking had i contacts in!

dont be afraid to experiment with different colour (when your not going out!) as youd be surprised how diffferent you look from your usual choices, its very easy out of habit and speed just to use the same tried and trusted colours.
    :)
    hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Sounds like you need a complete overhaul. I would advise booking yourself in for a makeover/make up lesson at a makeup counter in BT's (the cost of it includes buying some of the products that they recommend). They would be able to recommend the correct shade of foundations and concealers and correct application techniques to suit you!

It's worth spending that bit more on foundations and concealers as its the base for everything else.

Just so you know, you should put moisturiser on before foundation (let it sink in, and it makes your foundation last longer). Its a normal thing to use a liquid foundation and then to use some powder to get rid of shiny bits if needed. Concealer can go on before or after foundation, but most people recommend after to cover up any extra bits.

It's difficult for people to recommend a foundation or any other products as everyone is different, so get yourself to a make up counter! If you don't want to get a makeover/make up lesson just go in and ask them to recommend a foundation (it's their job so don't be intimidated!).

Good luck!

Advertisement