Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another young man dies?

• 16-12-2007 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard that a 23 year old man has died. Haven't heard any more on how - anybody have further info?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

jeeze another one, or maybe there was always this many people dieing i dont know. what is it with the likes of people from college students to katie french wanting to snort there life away

Seems to be another drug-related incident? It's getting bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

think its part of the 'it wont happen to me' culture
    dontcha know your invincible when your young.......

• Advertisement

to be honest i think there are more people who are hooked on coke then we realise cause they were all playing it off as being recreational use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

So because another person dies it's immediately considered to be drug related. At least wait until the results come back before you post accusations.

kensutz wrote: »
    So because another person dies it's immediately considered to be drug related. At least wait until the results come back before you post accusations.

There isn't even a name posted or wasn't at least at the time of creating the thread. How on earth can it be an accusation? We are discussing what might have happened. The fact that the gardai are investigating if it was drug related, and the fact that it was at a party would lead me to believe that it's a good possibility.

dlofnep wrote: »
    There isn't even a name posted or wasn't at least at the time of creating the thread. How on earth can it be an accusation? We are discussing what might have happened. The fact that the gardai are investigating if it was drug related, and the fact that it was at a party would lead me to believe that it's a good possibility.

also the fact gardai have arrested two in connection with his death

utick wrote: »
    also the fact gardai have arrested two in connection with his death

Yeah true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The results of the post mortem came back inconclusive. The are now waiting on a toxicology report to see if it was drugs related.

RIP to the young chap named locally as Stephen Carbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

He's a brother of a friend of mine. Another Waterford tragedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

He's a brother of a friend of mine. Another Waterford tragedy!

His brother have dreads in his hair ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yup, Matthew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭skooterblue

kensutz wrote: »

If it swims, has webbed feet, feathers and quacks, then its fairly safe to say its a duck.

If someone has beentaken from a nightclub or party on a Saturday night unconcious and in a come the next day its fairly probale that they were taking drugs.

Everyone makes their own decisions and are responsible for their actions. I dont know how much much more "Education" is need for these people. As for listening to that media whore Gavin Lamb Murphy dont get me started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

If it swims, has webbed feet, feathers and quacks, then its fairly safe to say its a duck.

If someone has beentaken from a nightclub or party on a Saturday night unconcious and in a come the next day its fairly probale that they were taking drugs.

Everyone makes their own decisions and are responsible for their actions. I dont know how much much more "Education" is need for these people. As for listening to that media whore Gavin Lamb Murphy dont get me started.

blah blah blah you're an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

you clearly have life figured out ! isnt it great to think u know everything !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

It is also very easy for drinks to be spiked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I knew the chap.

I've been away pretty much all weekend, found out this morning. From what I've heard, it dosn't seem drug related, I don't know anything that's fact though.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

is this the guy that got stabbed. I saw something on ireland am (running along the bottom of the screen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No, different case.

Been on the phone back to people in Waterford, people think it's sudden death syndrome, toxicology will be out today, post mortem tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lads if you dont like each others posts, attack the post and not the poster! Else, report the post and a mod will deal with it.

Thanks.

Anyway, back on topic, sad to hear this. May the lad Rest in Peace, terrible time of the year to be passing away. My condolenses to his friends and family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bards wrote: »
    It is also very easy for drinks to be spiked!

I'm sorry, I don't buy that one! 'Me drink was spiked!' A myth 99.9% of the time to be honest, something idiots who get caught on drugs tell their mammy and daddy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm sorry, I don't buy that one! 'Me drink was spiked!' A myth 99.9% of the time to be honest, something idiots who get caught on drugs tell their mammy and daddy!

It can happen so I wouldn't say its a myth but yeah I would agree that "sometimes" it is used as an excuse by some people for when they end up in hospital after taking drugs so their parents won't brain them.

I know loads of people who were spiked.

Anyways in either case, RIP to the lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Cabaal wrote: »
    It can happen so I wouldn't say its a myth but yeah I would agree that "sometimes" it is used as an excuse by some people for when they end up in hospital after taking drugs so their parents won't brain them.
    drugs cost money. what person would waste money on spiking your drink. what would his motive be.
    i have to agree with run forrest run. its an excuse to give to the gardai/nurses/doctors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

One of my friends drinks got spiked and he ended up in hospital for a few days....99.9% myth still means 0.1% truth........Do you know the guy?.....

You can't judge someone unless you do/have known him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

paul666 wrote: »
    drugs cost money. what person would waste money on spiking your drink. what would his motive be.

If you believe that spiking does not happen then you are very naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Drinks are spiked, most common drug used is Alcohol , someone buys a drink for someone else and adds some alcohol of orders a double.

Other drugs are benzodiazepines and GHB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ec18 wrote: »
    One of my friends drinks got spiked and he ended up in hospital for a few days....99.9% myth still means 0.1% truth........Do you know the guy?.....

You can't judge someone unless you do/have known him.

I'm not on about any person, I made a comment about the spiking excuse often mooted. Surveys have been conducted that drink spiking is a very rare occurence, I'm not saying it doesn't happen but to be honest, it is very rare.

Advertisement