Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -vs- Chelsea

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

DerKaiser wrote: »
    You seriously think that's the end of Chelsea? Buffoon. And someone else posted Cashley, I assume you mean Man Utd.....................

Chelsea were muck yesterday, no Drogba, no Carvalho and thanks to dirty tackling by Eboue no Terry, we'll see in the return fixture at Stamford bridge if we're at full strength and Gallas, Toure and Adebayor are injured who gets their asses handed to them! Not us for sure!

Terry should never have been injured as he should not have been on the pitch should have got a red for tackle on Cesc. Arsenal also had players returning from injury, Jesus you have spent enough money ove the last few years and you are complaining about injuries,just get on with it, Arsenal deserved the win, get over it and stop making excuses. I have no doubt Chelsea will bounce back and will be challenging come the end of the season,but ffs stop moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Considering he's gone for the foreseeable future though, who's gonna score the goals?

You're absolutely right, without Drogs, Chelse carry no goal threat, my guess is Grant is gonna buy someone in the Jan window, hope it's another Drogba and not another Sheva :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

You seriously think that's the end of Chelsea? Buffoon. And someone else posted Cashley, I assume you mean Man Utd.....................

Chelsea were muck yesterday, no Drogba, no Carvalho and thanks to dirty tackling by Eboue no Terry, we'll see in the return fixture at Stamford bridge if we're at full strength and Gallas, Toure and Adebayor are injured who gets their asses handed to them! Not us for sure!

:confused: to the first part? What's supposed to come after Man Utd?

Eboue's tackle on Terry was a free kick and a yellow card. Yeah, he left the boot in but that happens a lot. Terry, on the other hand, made a disgusting tackle and followed through on a helpless Fabregas who was already on the ground. The only intention that John Terry could have had there was to injure Fabregas. It's not nice to see him get injured but that's karma for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Terry should never have been injured as he should not have been on the pitch should have got a red for tackle on Cesc. Arsenal also had players returning from injury, Jesus you have spent enough money ove the last few years and you are complaining about injuries,just get on with it, Arsenal deserved the win, get over it and stop making excuses. I have no doubt Chelsea will bounce back and will be challenging come the end of the season,but ffs stop moaning.

Give me a break, I'm not moaning and I never said Gooners didn't deserve it, but we had injuries to key players, Arse didn't, that was the difference on the day, and as for spending money, we have spent more than Arsenal, but less than 'pool and Manyoo so don't make me eat that chestnut again, Terrys tackle on Cesc was permissable in a contact sport, not a red card tackle IMHO, but Eboues' tackle on Terry was a bit blue b4 the 9 o'clock water shed

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Terry also kicked out at Eboue off the ball later in the game (before Eboue ended his involvement).

Personally, I don't think either tackle was worthy of a red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Give me a break, I'm not moaning and I never said Gooners didn't deserve it, but we had injuries to key players, Arse didn't, that was the difference on the day, and as for spending money, we have spent more than Arsenal, but less than 'pool and Manyoo so don't make me eat that chestnut again, Terrys tackle on Cesc was permissable in a contact sport, not a red card tackle IMHO, but Eboues' tackle on Terry was a bit blue b4 the 9 o'clock water shed

I'm afraid there's no cure for this one! :D

Terry's tackle wouldn't be permissable in any sport, except maybe the UFC. Chelsea's solution to every problem seems to be to throw money at it. Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou, Pizarro, some other £30million striker. Not the best long term strategy to follow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

To repeat what I've posted above; I don't like Eboue but I honestly think he was trying to block the clearence. Terry kicked his foot more than anything. To defend Terry, his tackle wasn't two footed and he actually got the ball but imo he actually intended to hurt Fabregas in doing it. He just launched into it from a mile out.

An Citeog wrote: »
    Chelsea's solution to every problem seems to be to throw money at it.

Let them carry on spending and spending, imo it will eventually end in tears :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

I can't think of two nicer guys to get done than "JT" and Cashley...bit of justice handed out yesterday :D

• Advertisement

elbow316 wrote: »
    I can't think of two nicer guys to get done than "JT" and Cashley...bit of justice handed out yesterday :D

Was JT Crying again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I love the way Eboue is enemy no.1(normally he deserves it) for the tackle, it's beng replayed and replayed on Sky News and yet there's no sign of JT's sliding lunge on cesc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Simple, racism.
    The same way its Arsene Wenger's fault England didn't qualify for the European Championship.
    The English media can't/wont see their own blue eyed boys do wrong.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Simple, racism.
    The same way its Arsene Wenger's fault England didn't qualify for the European Championship.
    The English media can't/wont see their own blue eyed boys do wrong.

True to an extent, but not racism, come on don't use the racism card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

OPENROAD wrote: »
    True to an extent, but not racism, come on don't use the racism card.

Yeah, you're right. Racism is too strong a word. 'Over the top nationalism' might be more appropriate.

Advertisement