Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4 stripping

Options
  • 16-12-2007 5:11pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any good info on stripping down a dboys m4, i have it down to the stock and the gearbox but cannt seperate them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

there is a pin above the trigger that you need to tap out incase you missed it, seems to be the most common cause of your problem

also, you'll need the remove the stock itself, with a sliding stock, pull on the screw that holds the catch on the stock and slide it off completely, make sure you pull the screw itself and dont try to use the catch as if you were just adjusting the stock as it will not lift far enough away to release fully. Once this is off, remove the end cap on the stock tube and using a long screwdriver unscrew the screw that holds it to the body, this goes directly into the back of the gearbox

with a solid stock, take the two screws of the back of the shoulder plate on the stock, then using a long screwdriver, remove the screw inside, same as above, this goes through the body into the gearbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ill post up some pics of my dboys m4 tomorrow or tuesday, its in bits at the end of my bed right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

This should help:
    http://www.mechbox.com/site/m4/m16-upgrades/m733-disassembly-video.html

It's a TM model so there are slight differences, but it's similar enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

did you remove the handle where the motor is? theres 2 screws in there that go into the gearbox, remove them and the stock as KD said,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

The mag release button is slightly different on the DBOys - there's no screw, so it can be a bit tricky to take off.

I posted instructions here awhile back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

my one is Dboys (the S-system thingy) and has a screw on the mag release, but ive only ever worked on one M4 so i cant speak for any of the other ones.,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

kdouglas wrote: »
    also, you'll need the remove the stock itself, with a sliding stock, pull on the screw that holds the catch on the stock and slide it off completely, make sure you pull the screw itself and dont try to use the catch as if you were just adjusting the stock as it will not lift far enough away to release fully. Once this is off, remove the end cap on the stock tube and using a long screwdriver unscrew the screw that holds it to the body, this goes directly into the back of the gearbox

Thats exactly the bit I was missing. Ive mucked up somthing in the process of taking out the washers that are behind the spring though. I'll have to go at it again to see whats up... :(

The DE UMP looks like a nightmare to strip as well so should be interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

All back together now and seems to be working fine. Thanks for all the tips and links lads.

Advertisement