Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scothscèalta le Padraic Ò Conaire

Options
  • 16-12-2007 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Anyone else doing this for Irish? Pretty good stories, bit difficult but interesting. Most people I know are doing some other thinger so I thought it might be worth asking about on here :)

So yes, anyone else studying it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I did it last year. The stories are indeed very good and extremely well written(though since it was written before Irish spelling and grammar were standardised, it can be a bit confusing).

My favourite stories were Neill and Teatrarc na Gaillilí, and I was lucky in that both came up last year. :)

If you've any questions on it feel free to ask. No one else on this board was doing it last year so unfortunately I didn't get to discuss it with anyone on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fanatic4Life

They're two of my faves, I liked Nòra Mharcais Bhig too. Sucks you didn't have someone to talk to about it, thanks for offering your help :D I've my mock tomorrow, so I might be getting back to a on that depending on how it goes ;)

I just hope I can remember what happened in which with what characters, y'know? XD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I did Scothscéalta a million years ago for the Leaving in 1980 - lovely to see people are still doing it. A nice selection of stories I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fanatic4Life

It is a really good text, much more interesting than what a lot of my friends are doing. It's a pity it's not more widely done, but I suppose there's no sense in doing something overly challenging when you have an easier option!

Good stuff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

yeah I did it last year and thought it was great, and sometime last year there was a documentary on TG4 about Padraig O Conaire, id definetly recommend it if you're studying it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The documentary was indeed very good and interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Hmm, I'll have to get my hands on it. He seems like a pretty interesting character! We've finally got proper notes & analysis-y type stuff on some of the stories, not as concerned as I was before :) Just hoping for a nice question now!

Advertisement