Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pcdata and cddata

Options
  • 16-12-2007 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

i am having trouble understanding pcdata, i know that pcdata means that the parser will look at every character, but when is it appropriate to declare data as pcdata, i have to do an xml project and am using Honda Garage as my application area, but am troubled with which data within my project should be pcdata??? can anyone simplify this for me???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Anything that is data that can be mapped to an attribute/data block should go in the PCDATA area. It just means the XML reader will parse control codes (eg. & = &) and strip out: " < > & (may be more).

CDATA is for data that contains control characters and you don't wish to escape them out. Generally I use them for large blocks of data that would be faster to send as is, rather then parsing through it. Binary data for example.

Here is a tutorial that might help.
    http://www.javacommerce.com/displaypage.jsp?name=cdatasec.sql&id=18238

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 esperer

Could somebody recommend some books on computers. I am totally lost when I encounter tasks like downloading software, firewalls, spyware ... the list is endless.
    Where do I click to post this message....

Advertisement