Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get your games for dirt cheap

• 16-12-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd give peeps the heads up. Probably already know, maybe don't

I'm a big of an ebay speculator.

And this week is the BIG week to buy stuff off ebay. People wont be bidding much because of the chance it wont arrive for christmas.

Things get more interesting next week.

Expect to see games and accessories with no bids and really cheap prices.

Already have got crackdown, rockstar table tennis and bioshock for combined 29 euro incl shipping:)

thought id let people know, its well worth a look in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Jeekers, that's a good price. Perhaps you should post this on the Bargain Alerts forum. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Fnz wrote: »
    Jeekers, that's a good price. Perhaps you should post this on the Bargain Alerts forum. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Good tip. Will be browsing there tomorrow during work. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Good idea. Ill have to have a look and see what takes my interest. Anyone recomend any must have games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Thats a great idea. Just careful not to bid against each other. :D *goes off to look at ebay*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'm on the lookout for some accessories myself, don't think there's any game I want right now due to COD4 owning my life.

I've got Orange Box unopened as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Good idea, will keep my eyes open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Its worth to take note stuff wont arrive before christmas, but I've been getting stuff dirt cheap.

Some examples for example

Conan the barbarian - average ebay price 30 euro shipped against hmv,gamestop prices :)

Assassins creed - average ebay price 35 euro against hmv gamestop

tbh every game brand new you can get for 30 euro from beay ( well i always do)

and its much cheaper, quicker and easier then play-asia...which i found terribly slow

Anyone needs a hand in searching or how to find bargains let me know dont mind helping

little ebay guru here :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Why not start an "ebay watcher" thread or something where we can pool our bargain spots?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

What versions are these cheapo games? Are they the region free NTSC-J ones?
    If someone has a seller that sells new games for 30 delivered then please pm me his name or post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

region free games for 35 euro

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-fc-49-en.html

thanks to lads in the BA forum for the linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

does it work for consoles? wouldn't mind a ps3 for 200 or less ;)
    too many of the fcukers won't post to Ireland tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Already have got crackdown, rockstar table tennis and bioshock for combined 29 euro incl shipping:)

They are actually 3 games I'm looking for on ebay at the moment. Haven't been able to get Crackdown for less than €25. Don't want to pay more than €15.

Will keep an eye out though. Thanks for the tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the games i get are uk versions...

you can get region free, or jap ones EVEN cheaper...but you can get mostly uk playable.

Also dollar is extremely weak at the moment and if you find a good powerseller that ships to eire, you make a killing.

http://video-games.search.ebay.co.uk/crackdown_Xbox-360_W0QQfromZR34QQsacatZ112847

there is a link for some ebay items regarding crackdown at low prices.

You will notice the first few being extremely cheap.

For ebay noobies, beware of items that are 99 cent with one bid, usualy means that person has a second account, and has put a reserve on it themselves. It tricks ebay noobies into bidding up the price for them :)

use www.xe.com for easy price conversion

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Crackdown-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ280182797607QQihZ018QQcategoryZ112847QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would keep my eye on that one for crackdown....will go very cheap, notice how there is no bids yet starts at 99, that means seller doesnt have a fake bid account, and that will genuinely go for very cheap.....

I'd advise throwing a reserve of 8 pound sterling on it, will probably sell maximum 10 sterling unless you all get into bid war

And of course go with someone who has genuine feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Good tip but I'm finding it hard to come across anything worthwhile. Does anyone know any good powersellers for Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect (region free)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mass Effect 45 euro in GAME this week as their 'game of the week' -
    was a post on here about it. Play-Asia probably cheaper if you can wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mass Effect 45 euro in GAME this week as their 'game of the week' -

Ends Wednesday. Not sure what the next game is but still kicking myself for missing COD4 the previous week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

quad_red wrote: »
    Ends Wednesday. Not sure what the next game is but still kicking myself for missing COD4 the previous week.

COD4 is region free and dirt-cheap on Play-Asia. Think I got the Asian version
    for less than 40 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

Do these region free and jap games work on standard 360? A bit new to this. Have a softmodded xbox and everything worked on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yes they do. Almost every game released is available region free in either US or Asian versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

Thanks Kyub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

thanks DM
    just got rockstar table tennis for 12 euro incl. del

Advertisement