Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport run

Options
  • 16-12-2007 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Hello folks,

As a Corkman i don't post here so often but I have a geographical question.

A Polish friend is getting a plane on the 22nd, he needs to use public transport to get from Cork to Dublin Airport but he needs to be there before 11:00am.

If he takes the bus or train from Cork to Dublin, is he likely to encounter problems getting to the airport from the city centre at that time in the morning?? Is taxi the most effective way?? Approximate distance/ taxi fare from the city centre out by taxi?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

He could get the aircoach directly from Cork to the airport. The 6AM one should get him there in time.

Sorry, after checking it seems he has to change coaches in town. He still has an hour from Westmoreland St though which should be plenty. If the coach arrives later than expected a taxi takes about 30-40 mins and is E25-30

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Forgive my public transport ignorance but is there a reason you suggest aircoach specifically? Why not use Bus Eireann or a train to get to Dublin?? Is Aircoach cheaper??? Thanks btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cantdecide wrote: »
    Forgive my public transport ignorance but is there a reason you suggest aircoach specifically? Why not use Bus Eireann or a train to get to Dublin?? Is Aircoach cheaper??? Thanks btw.
    He/she possibly mentioned Aircoach because they may have initially thought the Cork service went directly to Dublin Airport.

Even so, it only another €3(?) to transfer to the Aircoach in Dublin City for the Airport. The Aircoach from Cork to Dublin may be faster too as it probably makes less stops. Although a 6am departure from Cork would be leaving it 'tight' IMO.

http://www.aircoach.ie/map.routes.cork.php

Truth be told, for the sake of simplicity I gave my mate another hour of grace. He mate told me 12.00 actually:) This would probably cover him then wouldn't it? Apparently it arrives at 10 giving him 2 hrs to get to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What is his latest check-in time - that is the important one?

He could get a Bus Éireann bus to Busáras, walk out the door and get a 747 or 748 bus to Dublin Airport.

He could get a train to Heuston and a 748 bus to Dublin Airport.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    What is his latest check-in time - that is the important one?

He could get a Bus Éireann bus to Busáras, walk out the door and get a 747 or 748 bus to Dublin Airport.

He could get a train to Heuston and a 748 bus to Dublin Airport.

I'm not sure if the 12.00 he gave me was that latest or not. I think the 6am Aircoach option is sound at the moment but I'll keep your idea on the backburner... thanks for the help folks:)

Advertisement