Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolled

Options
  • 16-12-2007 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Anyway as the titles states I rolled a hunter 2day, level 15 already on emeriss, I just can't believe how EASY it is to level with one, i'm taking on mobs level 17 2/3 at a time with NO down time, and I know from playing against them in arena on my mage that they're just so op now :(

Anyway enough harping on, just wondering if anyone is rolling sumin new, and would like to level with me, I'm not raiding much now as my guilds done all there is to do and im just taking a back seat and playing 2hours arena or so a week with my mage.

So /w inhuumain on emeriss if anyone is rolling.

ps loving the hunter :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

arcane shot looooooooool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah the hunter really is a leveling machine.
    I went from 60-70 in half the time i did with my rogue and tank.
    Im finding 60-70 a real grindfest with my shadow priest at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah the hunter really is a leveling machine.
    I went from 60-70 in half the time i did with my rogue and tank.
    60-70 with my shadowpriest was my favourite leveling curve!

Just take it easy, and do all the quests in one area and move on to the next. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Let me know once you hit 56+ and need your PvP marks in Hellfire, I'll toddle along a toon for you to gank for a while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Dcully wrote: »

Idd. Compared to doing it on my druid, it's taking a damn long time tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Last week I rolled a pally, hunter, lock & priest (have them all round lvl 18/19 at the min) ....... the hunter was the easiest of the lot by a long shot ...... was kinda bored in the insane levelling I've been doing on my first char, which is now a lvl 47 mage .......

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

LvLing is so boring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

how do you 'roll a character'? Don't you just choose one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

The cool kids call it rolling Lazlo.

Hunters have been known as the easiest class to to solo level with.

That said, when you get to 40 a prot Pally will make him look like a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

BadCharlie wrote: »
    LvLing is so boring

+1

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh i jus rolled a hunter funny stuff alright, lvl 15 takin on 18/19's no bother. they lvl so quick and its nice havin a little pet around to look at when soloing!!

pew pew for the win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

layke wrote: »
    The cool kids call it rolling Lazlo.

Hunters have been known as the easiest class to to solo level with.

That said, when you get to 40 a prot Pally will make him look like a joke.

I have a pally level 70 in full pvp gear and I specced protection at 40 to try what you're talking about.. FULL OF ****E. I leveled twice as fast on my mage aoeing mobs down with blizz and AE.

I know NO-ONE who calls levelling a paladin from 40+ to be a brezze infact it's nothing but mind ****ing numbing.

level 25 on the hunterbaps now :D

+1 I'm happy to be a cool kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Same here just rolled out a hunter myself, lvl 13 atm but its bitch slapping up to lvl 17/18's no hassle at all.

If only i could be bothered ot look for a pet hunter around SW area.

Its an animal to lvl, i got bored or my lock. Cant wait for duel weild and to go to ZF to get them two swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

sunzz wrote: »
    I have a pally level 70 in full pvp gear and I specced protection at 40 to try what you're talking about.. FULL OF ****E. I leveled twice as fast on my mage aoeing mobs down with blizz and AE.

I know NO-ONE who calls levelling a paladin from 40+ to be a brezze infact it's nothing but mind ****ing numbing.

level 25 on the hunterbaps now :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VniYtGzr-qo

Not a great example as his talents are kinda screwed up a bit (perhaps an older patch build). You can do what he's doing at level 40 (preferably level 42) though and it doesn't have to be in the same spots as mentioned I would guess you didn't do the talents correctly. A propper prot pally can kill a hunters pet, then the hunter and come out with full health and mana same goes for any melee class really.

Edit :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-3TquLnsI&feature=related

Here's a better example.

it takes that pally 2mins 10 secs or so to down 5 mobs, i'd safely say a level 42 mage/hunter would **** all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I cant speak for hunters, but the mage would have to stop for 30 seconds and drink up to full... that alone would bring the time up to about par.

As for AoE'ing well the chance for a mage to die is fairly high whereas the paladin is virtually unkillable.

Still, prot paladins are considered quick levelers only by comparison to other paladins not compared to most other classes especially not compared to the quick leveling hunter and mage. Though at 70 in some BT/HJ gear I can take somewhere in the region of 35-45 mobs in one go. Something that is virtually unheard of by mages anymore and with almost 0 risk of dying ;)
    Sadly there arent alot of locations where you can pull that amount of mobs at once, though the belf demonhunters outside BT are pretty amazing for paladin grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

lazlo wrote: »
    how do you 'roll a character'? Don't you just choose one?
    :( this makes me a sad panda. Character creation in games used to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

^^ i think your talking about the sims right ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Ivan wrote: »
    Though at 70 in some BT/HJ gear I can take somewhere in the region of 35-45 mobs in one go. Something that is virtually unheard of by mages anymore and with almost 0 risk of dying ;)

Your serious!!!! I only started playing warcraft 5 months ago only bought the game. Im a 47 healy pally spec'ed for holy. I assume you went ret? you mind me asking what your characters name is wouldnt mind checking your gear and build out on the armoury. Im geared for PvE at the moment as im not a very experienced Wow gamer yet.

Wouldnt mind checking out how to do that cos i hear PvP is one of the better parts of the game. everytime i get into a player Vs Player fight i get my a$$ whooped so im avoiding battlegrounds and PvP until i get better specc'ed, better gear and i get an idea how to play PvP properly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He would be a Protection spec pally i assume. With their tanking abilities, and the ability to regenerate health or mana every time they get hit, Prot pallies can last for ages. I was grinding 10-15 undeads in Lights Hope (i think that was the name) in WPL when i was around level 50. Superb exp, and i finished most fights with fairly high health and mana. Plus i've never, ever had good gear. I'm a "Green" whore.

My character here:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Nunca
    I tried to make some videos of it all, but unfortunately Fraps leaves me with a 2Gb video that I have no idea how to compress down, otherwise I'd post some up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My main is a prot pally... she's in Kara/T4/badge gear, and in certain rather nice AoE-grinding spots *cough*Ruins of Karabor*cough* she can pull up to 20-30 mobs at once and just AoE them down. High block rating/block value and a decent amount of spelldmg makes AoE grinding better, along with a shield spike on a Petrified Lichen Guard. (and the major lol that is the Figurine of the Colossus trinket - with 25-30 mobs beating on you that trinket's almost a full heal)

2 of my guildies are levelling paladins at the moment, both prot since lvl 34ish, and both swear by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

its funny actually i was built as a prot pally since level 10. but kinda figured i was going nowhere with it!! im not really gonna go near PVP or the battlegrounds till i hit 70.

Is Holy any good? my mana was only around the 1500 mark since i specc'ed myself for prot i used to be able to survive most mob encounters and could take 3-4 mobs and come out with still 1/2 health. Only problem is i never really got asked on instance runs cos i couldnt heal for sh*t. people see your a paladin and expect to you be a healer. Now im specced holy my gear has high Int and im getting asked on more instance runs than before. fair enough i have to stay healer which isnt half as fun as i like getting into fights.

So should i stay holy or switch back to prot?

90% of a paladins healing power, at low levels especially, comes purely from gear. The holy spec is mostly just mana efficiency.

In saying that though, I tanked instances all the way from 58-70 as holy, healed the same instances as prot. The only thing that really is spec dependant is ret/dps. Pretty much any instance upto 70 you can do as your off-spec without much trouble.

So ultimately the choice is yours. Now that you have the healing gear, healing as prot should be fine. Alternatively, holy shock is a great threat generator and consecration is usually all you'll need. You dont need holy shield for crushing blows (as they dont happen before end game stuff) and crits can be overcome with gear and even then, they arent that damaging at that stage anyway.

Good luck whatever you decide ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ivan wrote: »
    90% of a paladins healing power, at low levels especially, comes purely from gear. The holy spec is mostly just mana efficiency.

^^ what he said.

I levelled 1-60 as retribution spec and never had any problems healing instances, as long as I had a bit of "of the eagle" gear to give me a decent mana pool. Even now, if I have to off-heal as prot, I can still place relatively high on the heal meters. Though having a 1650 +heal healing set really does help.

Advertisement