Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have a spare gfx card ?

Options
  • 16-12-2007 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey guys today i blew my 8800gt :( and since its near xmas i wont be getting a rma for awhile :mad:.so i was wondering if anyone has a gfx lying around that can play cod4 would they mind lending it to me for a week or 2 ??

hope ye can help.

ps:the card blew because of my dam ocz ramcooler. after resetting the ram cooler it was touching the gfx so when i turned it on bOOm!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't have a pci-e card, but can loan you a pci geforce 4 if you need a card just to get the system up and running. I use it all the time for such occurrences! Very handy to have one. Got it for 10 euro off adverts...

Galway not a great place to get a pci-e card in a hurry...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

HavoK wrote: »
    Don't have a pci-e card, but can loan you a pci geforce 4 if you need a card just to get the system up and running. I use it all the time for such occurrences! Very handy to have one. Got it for 10 euro off adverts...

thanks but i allready have a crappy 7100gs :( just looking for a card that can play cod4 so i wont go insane over the xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

I have a 16mb Agp card... Havn't tested it with COD 4 yet.. Kinda waiting for it to play CoD 1 first!... By the way.. how did you manage to explode your 8800gt. Not a usual thing to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

awhir wrote: »

ah welcome to OCN ;) its a fairly good forum, i've got a lot of my build and computer pictures in their gallery.

sorry to hear about your 8800GT though, its going to be a looooong xmas :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

have you got an agp slot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Lads he is looking for a card that can play cod4, not tetris... If you look in his sig you can see he has a x38. That mobo has no agp slot. And im not sure there are any agp cards that could handle cod4 very well.

Andy, i have a few lying around in boxes here, will test if they are still alive or have coolers on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anti wrote: »
    And im not sure there are any agp cards that could handle cod4 very well.

Why wouldn't there be? 7800, x1950 etc!

Though that's beside the point like you said its a bit bizarre offering agp cards. If only my 3870 hadn't been delayed you could have had my x1800xt. Ah, well...:p

Anti wrote: »
    Lads he is looking for a card that can play cod4, not tetris... If you look in his sig you can see he has a x38. That mobo has no agp slot. And im not sure there are any agp cards that could handle cod4 very well.

Andy, i have a few lying around in boxes here, will test if they are still alive or have coolers on them.

my 8800gt is starting its finall journy to china tomorrow !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

WELL take off the cooler ,.be4 you send it on the on the slow boat to china.AT Least you have 1 good cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

is that your second graphics card? or did i imagine you had a gtx?

nope never had a gtx :(

also its a rma so i cant touch it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

thats so crap, all i have spare is a x300 low profile i bought off adverts so i'm no help. does this mean your project is on hold? i'm really liking the look of it:D

not shure yet if i will go ahead and just loop the cpu and then when the gfx comes back i will bleed and add the gfx.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Best i can offer is a 256mb 6800gt, will be goin 2 gal soon shoppin, prob sat :D

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Best i can offer is a 256mb 6800gt, will be goin 2 gal soon shoppin, prob sat :D

hehe you can allways rely on the people from roscommon. :)

thanks bud .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

awhir wrote: »
    hehe you can allways rely on the people from roscommon. :)

thanks bud .

WTF, I'm a Mayo man originally :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Invasion of the culchies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I have a Ati x1300 512mb you can have a loan of if you want( i know its fairly crap but should definitely play cod4). Dont know when i'd be back in galway though, in galway now but don't have graphics card!

I have a Ati x1300 512mb you can have a loan of if you want( i know its fairly crap but should definitely play cod4). Dont know when i'd be back in galway though, in galway now but don't have graphics card!

thanks bud but pog has allready offered me his :p

thanks for offering;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement