Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

680i Mother boards. Asus or XFX?

Options
  • 16-12-2007 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I am trying to choose my motherboard but can't decide between the
    Asus P5N32-E 680I SLI and the XFX NFORCE 680I SLI. Is the XFX any better? Or is the difference in price only in the brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

By the way I have only an hour to decide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

so many people have had problems with the 680i.
    http://evga.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=13&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

i think over half of the people who bought them ended up sending them back and getting a replacement more than once.

maybe the Asus P5E, X38 would be a better choice for that range of money.

I heard this too. Even Vadim with their Dream PC ( €15,000!!!) stated in CustomPC that they had so many problems with 680i that they used an intel chipset instead.
    Is this the only X38 you could reccomend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hope it's not too late..do not get the Asus one..the memory compatibility list is sucks for this board.

• Advertisement

Xfx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

XFX one got good reviews, was going to go with it myself until I decided on Crossfire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

hang on a few more days for 780i

anti isnt the 780i the same as the 680i but a few more features?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yep, but it dosent have the memory compatibility issues and is meant to be a far better overclockers and runs cooler too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Anti wrote: »
    yep, but it dosent have the memory compatibility issues and is meant to be a far better overclockers and runs cooler too.

I got this offer from Evga today.

EVGA is proud to announce the 680i Motherboard Upgrade Promotion.
    EVGA is offering a special (1) one time upgrade promotional program to all of its
    (122-CK-NF68-XX)* registered customers. This program is for a limited time and will run for 60 days. (122-CK-NF68-XX)* customers will be able to upgrade to the 780i
    (132-CK-NF78-XX) motherboard for a one time fee of $89.99 USD or €79.

What do you get for the $89.99 (€79.99)?
    • New EVGA 780i Motherboard (132-CK-NF78-XX) • 3 Way SLI Bridge ($20 USD €14 Value) • Free Ground Shipping** ($10 USD €7 Value) • PCI-E 2.0 Slots • 3 x16 PCI-E Slots • ESA Certified Platform • New Upgrade Warranty (–A1 Limited Lifetime / -T1 2 Year Limited
    Warranty)

All products must be registered (http://www.evga.com/myEVGA/) You will need to send in your EVGA 680i Motherboard once you have been approved for this promotion.

Please visit our website at: http://www.evga.com/680iupgrade/ and then log in to see this upgrade offer.

Thank you,

Advertisement