Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

parking ON speed bumps

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tomas_V

This point relates to vehicles driven by the emergency services not being able to take the most efficient and comfortable line because of cars parked blocking the left hand gap.

Actually, I mostly ride a bicycle and think that the space used by cars parked on the roadway could be put to much better use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

kona wrote: »
    the santa fe owner seems to be the main culprit

Owning one of these is nature's way of telling you you can't afford a Land Rover Discovery / BMW X5 / and that you don't need a 4WD to drive over some wet leaves on the school run. :DBan 'em I say, ridiculous yokes.:mad::p

While I appreciate the split bumps are to facilitate emergency vehicles, any traffic calming measure that encourages cars to steer in the direction of oncoming traffic seems ridiculous.:rolleyes:

As for parking, very few motorists care about how they might be inconveniencing other drivers so long as they are somewhere they can't get a ticket.

Maybe Hyundai should start producing an Ireland specific 4x4 for the urbanites - the Hyundai Mé Féin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭blackbox

It's the speed bumps that are the problem.

I'd love to know how much they add to our national fuel consumption and CO2 emissions - brake, accelerate, brake, accelerate.....

And, BTW, if I am complying with posted speed limit and speed-bump damages my (unmodified) car, will the local authority pay for repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Del2005 wrote: »
    How do you manage the speed bumps across the whole road? And why can't you drive with one wheel on the bump and the other on the road, the sump shouldn't catch then. And if it does then the car properly ain't road legal, if we had any laws for that;)

Maybe the people are parking outside their houses.

its perfectly road legal, plenty of cars are assaulted by these bump, have to seen the gouges in the bumps from cars??
    some supersars sit only a few cm off the deck.
    i can take it with 1 wheel on and one off, if they are spaced far apart, and no muppet is parked on one.

so what if they ae parking outside their houses???its still a dumb place to park, besides they actualy have a driveway, and a big one at that, they also insist on parking on the grass verge, but this only happens when its raining and they feel the need for "off Road", which makes the place a mudbath.:mad:

Advertisement