Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom webspace: FTP access

Options
  • 16-12-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

I've been asked to update a website which is hosted on someone's free eircom webspace (a http://homepage.eircom.net/~....) address. I set up the website originally years ago when eircom also happened to be my ISP.

Does anyone know off-hand if I need to have eircom as my ISP to access the ftp://homepage.eircom.net site to upload stuff to the webspace? FileZilla isn't connecting, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm trying to access it from a UTV Clicksilver IP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I actually remember something similar happened years go to me and it did seem they wanted you to be on the eircom network to use it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Heres a thread with the same problem and someones answer Re: Eircom not letting you ftp unless you are using them as your ISP

Advertisement