Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waist coats?

• 16-12-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Do any of you guys know where I can find a decent value waist coat? Nothing fancy or anything.

Just looking for a plain black one, preferably around or under 50 notes.

Checked out Dunnes/river island/jack Jones etc with no luck.
    Even one of those waist coat/shirt/tie combo sets ya see would do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Good man Trevor,

The husband just said he wants one

I think it is after seeing westlife, shane ward etc, wearing them

Let me know if you get your hands on one. I will be headin to the shops on Wed, will let you know if I get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Got one in Jack Jones at the weekend.

Down the back right of the shop they are.

€40 so well within the budget req'd. Plain black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 flakey

i got a lovely 1 in h&m for 25 euro plain black theres loads in there for the same price and they dont look cheap either:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

they sell nice ones in Penneys, and they're probably only around a tenner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Topman havce them, also try H& M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Working in River Island, we have two different styles in stock. Both black, both €50.50 each. Range from XS to XXL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

I love the lil waiste coats but afraid of getting it wrong

I was thinking of putting a lil shirt under it?

what are u meant to wear under them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

Hi there,
    I just bought a waistcoat this week, looking to wear it both with and without a suit. Got it in Topman for €46.
    Have a question though. My suit is black with a feint pinstripe, and the waistcoat i bought also has a pinstripe, though the stripes are closer together and its shade of black is different to that of the suit. Does this matter? Will it look right if worn with the suit? Im not too sure about it working myself.
    What do ye think yourselves?
    (First pic had flash on, hence it looks brighter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

the stripes are fine. It's the different shades I'm not too sure about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think it looks well, kind of breaks up the suit

with just the trousers though I'm not sure, the jacket sort of balances it all out

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Sorry The Cowboy, it doesn't work at all.

It appears you've got a navy or dark blue waistcoat with a black suit, which needless to say are not compatible. Perhaps natural light is different, but that's what the camera shows up anyway. The dense pinstripe also doesn't work with the broad suit pinstripe, as you yourself kinda hinted at.

Also waistcoats are also generally considered to be naff, unless you are a) over the age of 60, b) fabulously wealthy with a suit cut to match, or c) sharp and cool enough to pull it off. For the average young chap, the two former options are immediately excluded, whilst the latter wipes out the majority.

Best to stick with your two-piece suit and sexy shirt and tie. Must greater impact.

;)

Advertisement