Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel

Options
  • 16-12-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Good attractions

Please let me know,

Good places for the childer?

Good Bars during the day?

Good late bars/clubs for 30+ at night?

Nice Restaurants?

Anything to do or see?>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Quality wrote: »
    Good attractions

Cashel is quite close by.
    Horse racing and dog racing tracks

Please let me know,

Activity centre out past Tesco, bowling, fake ice-rink etc

Mulcahys, comfy and good food.

Mulcahy's again or O'Keeffe's and Liam Daly's

Nice Restaurants?

Catalypa (it's Italian)

Anything to do or see?

Main Guard building

>

See answers above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Thanks a million,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Good places for the childer? As mentioned there's Hotshots on the by-pass with bowling and a fake ice rink. There's a real rink open also at the old Chadwick's site and I think there might be some amusements there too, I think you have to book the skating in advance, www.irelandonice.com. If you wanted to take them swimming there's 3 pools.

Good Bars during the day? There isn't really that many bars to go to during the day, it's quiet most days except for sundays - maybe Mulcahy's, The Posthouse or O'Keeffe's. Devane's might be nice too (it changed hands a few months back and I've only been there a couple of times since so I can't really comment). They all serve food.

Good late bars/clubs for 30+ at night? There's only 2 late bars - The Posthouse and O'Keeffe's, both can get fairly packed, especially O'Keeffes. There's Dannos niteclub too.

Nice Restaurants? Befani's is my favourite, it's gorgeous. Catalpa is also nice and there's a few Chinese restaurants and a couple indians. For reasonably priced, simple, tasty food, Galileo is nice.

Anything to do or see?> There isn't that much to see or do tbh, especially at this time of year. but Cahir is around a 10-15 minute drive away and there's a castle out there if that's of interest to you.

When are you going, because I actually have a guide of upcoming events between now and the new year.

The whole quality family 20 of us are going on the 27th of Dec for 3 nights...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Good attractions

Please let me know,

Circles Snooker Club..check it out:D
    Eh...the Local
    O'Keefes,Dannos
    Nice Restaurants?
    Abrakebabra
    Anything to do or see?
    Eh a nice evening stroll through Elm Park Or Garrymore

Sorry,I couldnt resist
    op dont mind this post

• Advertisement

Lord help me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

:p
    Quality wrote: »
    Good attractions

Please let me know,

Omniplex cinema, swimming, depending on age and weather climb Slievenaman, playground and river walk out Davis Rd across ffrom Graveyard. Walk to Marlfield lake and feed swans and ducks.

Mucahy's or Allen's for food
    Eldon's
    Nice Restaurants?
    Befani's, Mr Bumbles,

Anything to do or see?>
    Golf, Drive across to Ballymaccarbry by way of Power's the Pot, drive to Lismore across the Vee. Visit Cahir and local attractions. pool, bowling, Ice skating, youth drama depending on When you are visiting, visit main guard.talk riverside walk.

Is there a nice park with a playground area for the kids locally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

Seems nice safe lots of climbing frames swings etc. it is out towards Kilkenny across from graveyard.

Advertisement