Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you get your other half for xmas?

• 16-12-2007 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

What are the lucky men getting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Now see if we post up there and our other half is on boards they will know, but will definately post after christmas day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

we're moving in together on the 28th, so he's getting a me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hmm... yeah my other half is on boards, don't know if he knows my user name but can't risk it, i've his birthday & christmas presents bought.... just have to get the little things

Actually, have any ladies picked up some nice little gimcky things, gadgets etc for the other half??

not really...i've spent a grand on plane tickets, gotten a presetn as well, and will be picking up as much booze and smokes as i can at duty free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got him a sat nav for his car and other small stuff for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

narco wrote: »
    will be picking up as much booze and smokes as i can at duty free.

You are my type of burd :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got my hubby some shoot-em-up games for the pc, which he knows about. But for a surprise I got him a Leatherman - men just love their gadgets!

http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/default.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Tickets to Bruce Springsteen. Had to tell him though because I was worried he'd buy them himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Can someone please explain the fasination with the Leatherman - my other half is harping on about it? Won't let me buy it for him cos "i won't get the right one" even if he gave me the name.
    Now my best friend (male) wants similar one done by the swiss army knife ppl - can't get it anywhere!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

DubLegs wrote: »
    Can someone please explain the fasination with the Leatherman - my other half is harping on about it? Won't let me buy it for him cos "i won't get the right one" even if he gave me the name.
    Now my best friend (male) wants similar one done by the swiss army knife ppl - can't get it anywhere!!

Every man I know loves them! They have every little gadget needed for emergency DIY. I personally think they appeal even more to men who work at desk jobs :D Makes them feel like they know a thing or two about DIY.
    Bless 'em.
    I'd buy a good one for the hubby if I were you, on condition they'll let him change it if it's the wrong one.

• Advertisement

Ah that explains alot!

You know the way some men give out about women and their brand labels, funny how they won't accept a similar tool by an unknown brand - has to be a leatherman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Leatherman is about the best quality around and there's also a lifetime guarantee with it.

Thanks for reminding me what I want for xmas ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Thin Lizzy ticket
    I Keano tickets (getting him two so he can bring someone else cos I'm pretty sure I'd find it boring!)
    A book
    Heroes box set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd bought perfume for a girl I was seeing, who split up with me...

So still have it sitting in my drawer at home... :(

I'd bought perfume for a girl I was seeing, who split up with me...

So still have it sitting in my drawer at home... :(

Aw Damo that's sad. Still, if you have it in a drawer then at least it won't go off :D

Lol! It'd go off less if it was being used by someone. And would not feel right giving it to someone else really, as it would have been bought with the other girl in mind... :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Got him an ipod touch and a lucky bag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Lol! It'd go off less if it was being used by someone. And would not feel right giving it to someone else really, as it would have been bought with the other girl in mind... :s

What perfume is it?

The new Emporio Armani one, Diamonds
    SMM wrote:
    Got him an ipod touch and a lucky bag
    Quality! The lucky bag is a nice touch! :D Would make me laugh and I'd love it (along with the proper present of course!) Give him the lucky bag first though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Shes a fool;);)

I bought Mr Quality An accoustic Guitar.

I have also booked a weekend away for the two of us to Liverpool.....
    I got him a Liverpool hat as well... (He loves the pool).

• Advertisement

ooh thats a really nice perfume - i'm hoping Santa got the hint from me about it.
    Hold on to it - never know you could use if for Valentines!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

PS3 and Joop! Giftset :)

Well I've a date on Thursday, with a really nice girl I have been chatting to/flirting with for a while now. Had some kisses on Friday night, but this'd be our first date... so think it might be a touch early to be giving pressies! And thanks Quality and DubLegs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

PSP and a "things you like box" which my younger sister unwrapped twice already thinking it was for her lol:D

There ya go - things looking up for you already! But if ya don't find a home for it - plz send my way! :D

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    PSP and a "things you like box" which my younger sister unwrapped twice already thinking it was for her lol:D
    Here's hoping he doesn't like anything too kinky ;):p
    DubLegs wrote: »
    There ya go - things looking up for you already! But if ya don't find a home for it - plz send my way! :D
    Yeah, they are :D Might just hold on to it for another time... lol
    But I'll keep ya in consideration :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

SMM wrote: »
    Got him an ipod touch and a lucky bag :)

I love the lucky bag part :D Think I'll do that for my girlies, it would give them a giggle. We do kris krindle but would be nice to give them all something small!

I dont have an OH, when I'm single at xmas I usually buy myself something nice (is that sad?) but I was off in Florida a few weeks ago so I'll consider that as my xmas present to myself :D I'm fierce generous amnt I :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Some sports gear that he was with me when I bought it.

His surprise is making one of his fantasies come true ;).

tallaght01 wrote: »
    You are my type of burd :p

well, we on general presumption, the JD is mine, but he'll usually have a few beers first, and then move onto the JD, so i do tend to get most of it. though he's more than welcome to it, he's extra cute when he's drunk :D

• Advertisement

I got my friend Narco a t-shirt! :D

Advertisement