Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you get your other half for xmas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i <3 that tshirt. intend wearing it in on wednesday night, too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Well I've a date on Thursday, with a really nice girl I have been chatting to/flirting with for a while now. Had some kisses on Friday night, but this'd be our first date... so think it might be a touch early to be giving pressies! And thanks Quality and DubLegs! :D

I hope the date goes really well Damo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Aww thanks Dizzyblonde! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Here's hoping he doesn't like anything too kinky ;):p

The present would be ruined then!:eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I got my husband an eee pc http://eeepc.asus.com/global/ , to be fair, he told me that he was getting me one, then a few days later he said that he wanted one, turns out he ordered the two at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

We're both getting each other the same thing - a year's unlimited card for Cineworld :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I got himself a keyboard. Have a drum machine picked out too but I'm not too sure on that yet as he's quite fussy. Might just leave that one for him to pick out himself! Obviously then there's the little things you pick up too.

It's our birthday on Thursday. I forgot and have nothing for it yet!! Have absolutely no idea what I'm going to get either! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I got him an external harddrive, how romantic, Ill prob pick up some other bits too if i get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

A trip to Paris in the new year and some other little knick knacky things!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Aww a trip to Paris, the memories.... that was was my pressie last year, he brought me to Disneyland Paris a the start of January, the perfect start to the year

I'm very jealous!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i got my bf a bungee jump, football manager game, only fools and horses dvd game, xmas boxers and choc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Aww a trip to Paris, the memories.... that was was my pressie last year, he brought me to Disneyland Paris a the start of January, the perfect start to the year

I'm very jealous!!!

I'm *so* excited about it!!! I hadn't even thought about going to Disneyland, now there's an idea... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I got him a watch he saw online and liked, an enlarged framed picture of us, a trip to London for the two of us next week and some nice lingerie for me (which counts as his presie too!) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I have *no* idea what to get him...we're only together just under 2 months so I've no idea where to draw the line between what's too much and what's not considerate enough. And I'm running out of time. *sigh*:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Socks cuz he was goin on about wanting some!
    Oh and an I-pod Nano :p

I have *no* idea what to get him...we're only together just under 2 months so I've no idea where to draw the line between what's too much and what's not considerate enough. And I'm running out of time. *sigh*:(

some sort of dvd/ cd??

DVD boxset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Damn you!!..you've more of a chance of getting a piece of jewellery from Serano's then I do!!!*sigh*:(

:D

Where and what is Serano's??

You could buy yourself presents!!

I do that anyway... one for mum, one for me, one for dad... one for me :D

Serano's is a lovely jewellery shop in Limerick in which myself and bluedolphin were aspiring to get jewellery from..

I must start getting presents tomorrow..Will remember the 'one for me' slogan Lil'Smiler!!:D

• Advertisement

oh do!!

although i was present shopping on monday... have my bf and dad's birthdays just before christmas (yay!?!) and i decided to be good and just get what i had to... i'm glad i did coz my card was declined coz there was no money to pay for stuff with :( otherwise no one would have any presents!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Damn you!!..you've more of a chance of getting a piece of jewellery from Serano's then I do!!!*sigh*:(

:D
    Hardly...I doubt he even knows that Serano's exists. *sigh* I still prefer our original plan: I buy for you, you buy for me :D

Thanks for the DVD/CD suggestions Lil Smiler and Damo... I have my last exam at 9am tomorrow (which is precisely why I'm on Boards.ie and not cramming now...hmmm :rolleyes:) and then I'm hitting the shops. I'm not leaving without something for him. No way. I'm determined.
    You could buy yourself presents!!

I do that anyway... one for mum, one for me, one for dad... one for me :D
    Ingenious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I have a few things already and he is dying to know... But i will not tell. More shopping to do on friday!!!

Bluedolphin..what's he into/what does he like?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭witchywoman

Quality wrote: »
    What are the lucky men getting?

mines getting absolutely nothing, zilch, after all, he has me!!!

mines getting absolutely nothing, zilch, after all, he has me!!!

:eek: Thats not good...

Ok ladies, I call upon your infinite wisdom to steer me down the right path here...

Just started seeing someone, so I know a proper christmas present is probably a no-no, but I would like to give her something, but what kind of small gift would be appreciated, without being either a) crap or b) over the top?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's hard without knowing her interests. Expensive choccies are very acceptable, as are books, good smellies etc. It's probably best to mix and match rather than go for one big thing in the early stages. You're still getting to know each other.
    Maybe you could suss her out (subtly) about what perfume she likes tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

or just something small that she likes... something silly, btu that shows you've been listneing. it says 'sweet' without being overeager/serious/scary :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm giving him the Cathy Davey cd, Das Leben der Anderen (The lives of others) on DVD, a book of some sort and occitane perfume for men. I'd love to buy him a sat nav but cant afford it.

Advertisement