Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Esso Clontarf

Options
  • 16-12-2007 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Looking for directions to the Esso station in Clontarf. Coming from Baldoyle. Have a punctured tyre and heard there's a garage near the Esso, will be driving on my flat so if anyone could give me directions, I don't want to be driving all over the place looking for it on the flat and am new to the area, thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Teller wrote: »
    Looking for directions to the Esso station in Clontarf. Coming from Baldoyle. Have a punctured tyre and heard there's a garage near the Esso, will be driving on my flat so if anyone could give me directions, I don't want to be driving all over the place looking for it on the flat and am new to the area, thanks,

Get down onto the seafront and head towards clontarf, its right there beside the dublin bus depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It is extremely dangerous to drive on a flat. Get the vehicle towed or get a taxi and take the spare to the garage to be repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Victor wrote: »
    It is extremely dangerous to drive on a flat. Get the vehicle towed or get a taxi and take the spare to the garage to be repaired.

agree, and if you dont have a power steering, i hope that you are the worlds strongest man:D

but ye it'd be insanity to do that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

.will be driving on my flat so if anyone could give me directions, I

That tyre will disintegrate long before you get to Clontarf, don't try it. There is a garage on Grange Rd in Baldoyle, Tom Walsh motors opposite the Ind Est. If you live within a short distance (1km< ) you might get away with driving it but tbh the best bet is to get the tyre repaired before you go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Err, change it first pehaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Technically this is dangerous driving........you can get points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

This is the exact kind of attitude that has us where we are today with regard to road safety.
    If people are this flippant about safety it's no wonder there there are fatal accidents happening all over the place. In Germany you are not even allowed to repair a puncture, even a nail in the centre of the threads, never mind drive on a flat.
    Get a friend to give you a lift with the wheel in question, oh & while you are at the tyre garage you might as well get your spare seen to for the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Sorry!! I meant to say i'll be driving on the spare. I'd never drive on a flat that distance, I'm scared enough driving with the spare! Sorry, only read what i post now.

I live next door to Tom Walsh motors....do they do tyre repairs??? I didn't know that, just thought they sold cars. Was just about to head down to Clontarf now before I saw this, that'd be a lot handier! Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

. In Germany you are not even allowed to repair a puncture, even a nail in the centre of the threads, never mind drive on a flat.
    Proper order in a country where there is no speed limit on their Autobhans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

All is forgiven! ;)

Neglect of tyres is a pet hate of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sorry!! I meant to say i'll be driving on the spare. I'd never drive on a flat that distance, I'm scared enough driving with the spare!
    Do you have one of those undersized spares? Do you rotate your wheels (between positions on the car, not around the axel)?

Advertisement