Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipsters

Options
  • 16-12-2007 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi lads im just wrighting to see who use think is the worst tipster around?

I usually get the sunday world on a sunday(obviously) and your man john brennan seems to be useless at tipping....especially football bets.any one follow him and if so any success? maybe im wrong?

Also the jockeys that write in the papers usually around a festival period are cat aswell!

Just wondering who you follow if any??
    Need to make a few quid for xmas:D.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Lol have you ever heard the imbecil on Todayfm?
    John macguire i think his name is.
    He has to be without doubt the worst tipster i have ever heard.
    Its gotten to the stage now where paul collins says he will back against whoever macguire
    tips as he is wrong so often.
    Laughable

Daily mail has an excellent soccer tipster.
    Normally like to pick my own though so dont really use tipsters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

IrishMike wrote: »
    Lol have you ever heard the imbecil on Todayfm?
    John macguire i think his name is.
    He has to be without doubt the worst tipster i have ever heard.
    Its gotten to the stage now where paul collins says he will back against whoever macguire
    tips as he is wrong so often.
    Laughable

Daily mail has an excellent soccer tipster.
    Normally like to pick my own though so dont really use tipsters.

Ya the Today FM chap has a very poor strike rate. I think last week his bet was Liverpool (open to correction) I for one didnt know who would win and united at 9/4 looked a great price

It is very hard to find a good tipster and lets be honest most weeks you can pick the usual suspects and they always come up trumps - bar the last couple of weekends when Celtic lost the plot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

The lad that recently got a column in the Star. He appears in the sports pull-out every Saturday. Technically it's not a tipping column but talks about bets from the previous week. He investigates what should have been paid out on or something questionable in the bet which pops up. Punters Platform I think it's called, great read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I would prefer to do my own research! www.asianhandicap.com is worth a view.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

WIthout doubt, Patrick Horan in the Sunday Tribune. He's so bad that he now also gives you the option of taking the exact opposite of what he tips at the end of his column, just in case you don't want to take his advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah that Tribune column is muck. I generally find the Racing Post soccer tipsters know their stuff and the Trading Post section is quite good too. RP all the way imo. Irish Field ain't too bad either.

Richard Forristal in the Indo is quite good imo and while Damien McElroy comes up with the odd decent winner now and again (Ponmeoath springs to mind) I generally find his tips are muck. He does that Triplets thing afaik in the Indo.

But winner of worst tipster surely has to go to Dave Duggan on ATR, I'm fully convinced that lad just goes eenie meeny miny mo at the card the night before. And even then, you'd expect to get the odd one right. Theres only one emoticon for him: :eek:

Tbh OP, I'd direct you towards a site like olbg.co.uk or letsbet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

duggan did tip ub sublimity at 50s + for the champion hurdle last year. i wouldnt follow any tipster as i pick my own bets but there are a lot worse than duggan about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

k101 wrote: »
    duggan did tip ub sublimity at 50s + for the champion hurdle last year. i wouldnt follow any tipster as i pick my own bets but there are a lot worse than duggan about

I listened to him all summer long on todayfm.
    He got 2 e/w golf bets correct for the entire summer.
    He is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Strike Rate is meaningless.

If someone is tipping MUFC, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Rangers and Celtic every week then they are going to have a very high strike rate, but they will almost certainly be long term losers.

Whereas someone who is tipping 50/1 shots may have a horrid strike rate but could be a large winner overall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement