Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Switching from O2 to Three. Am I nuts?

• 17-12-2007 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

I posted this similar into consumer issues. Can anyone in here offer any opinions?
    I use my phone for surfing mostly. Sky news mobile, RTE PDA, weather sites etc gmail mobile, and google mobile etc.

anyway, O2 charge me 9.99euro a month for 10mb of surfing quota. 10mb!!!!

three.ie offer 250mb per month for 9.99euro!

now I understand everyone is saying three are terrible, but with prices like that, how can they be? They also offer me 200 minutes anytime any network minutes. O2 are terrible on price. total rip off.

Vodafone / Meteor / Three all offer cheaper surfing from your phone. why are O2 so tight with data charges? surely there is alot of you out there iwth N series nokias etc who like to surf ebay or google on the phone. how do you manage it price wise?

all feedback appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hi

I have had dealing with all the networks as I used to be in the mobile business. I recently switched my phone a data modem to Three. I have had some serious issues with them. Mainly there support is not based in Ireland and I got tired of customer care people calling me egen and flagerpy!!! Its Eoghan O Flaherty just to be clear!!

So I had issues, too many to list. I eventually got my complaint to top brass and I have had email support from high up in the chain but Im still not 100% happy. Now three have some excellent features. Being able to monitor your bill and usage on your handset, having a very high tech network etc. Where there weak is tech support, knowledge of Data technology, customer support pronouncing Irish names but most of all and this really annoyed me, trying to pay a bill, they dont take laser from one back but do from another.

Id be glad to help anyway I can.

Eoghan O flaherty
    Fusion Networks
    info@fusionnetworks.ie

btw, the reason i switched is pricing, it is very very competitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Hi Eoghan. I am switching over to billphones for the first time after using pre-paid for years.

After comparing all companies 3 seems to offer the best package.

I will just be using it for phone calls and texting..no data.
    Are three ok in this regard? ie. I've heard about their broadband being bad but do they drop calls or have trouble connecting them?

hi there,

Because networks strength is all about where you use your phone I couldnt say what it would be like where you are but since I got my new Nokia e65 Ive had no dropped calls, great reception and generally have been very happy with the Three coverage. I think its great to be able to monitor your bill especially if your coming from prepay as a phone with credit can be dangerous!!! Three have a limit on all new accounts of 165 euro, so if you go on a 30 package and use all your minutes and then use up to 165 euro they stop calls after that. Just something to be aware of they say its in case your phone is stolen.

I think the Three product is fantastic and the pricing excellent and I have been assured that they are constantly working on the Indian Customer Support team and trying to train them to be better for the Irish customer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Can you carry over minutes from month to month?

ya Im pretty sure you can but lets just say I get 750 per month and I use about 1300 so Ive never had the option to carry over!!! Think I need to look at my plan. I do like that your minutes count for UK landlines aswell, that is handy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement