Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking out ear plugs

Options
  • 17-12-2007 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

i have my ear sctretched to a 8mm and as a present to the mother im taking it out. can i just take it out and it will heal or do i have to reduce it down bit by bit?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

strange present...
    anywho yeah you can just whip it out, cant promise itl go back to normal size though, and itl take a while for it to shrink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well i know if i do it properly it should go back to normal i know it will take a while to heal.. i know shes been at me for years so i took out all my facial piercings inc neck,lip, ear. shes the happiest person ever atm..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Just get cocoa butter or something similar and give them a good massaging everyday with it and they should shrink to looking like normal ear holes

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

As a general rule of thumb, you can shrink back anything under 9-10mm diameter (its generally seen as the point of no return) however you should massage it with vit e oil, emu oil, etc and try not to pull at it while its shrinking, it isn't healing per se as it is not an open wound so you shouldn't have to worry too much. good luck, you must love your mom - dont know if I'd do it even if my mum objected...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Nice one Cartman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

On the same subject....I had mine up to 22mm in 1998 and I took em out until 2001 but they didnt come close to closing up. Does anyone have experience of shrinking larger sizes down? I currently have 14mm jewellery in and I dont mind it that much but I'm 30 and getting all grownup and I have a worry that this might interfere with my career. Any imput appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

if you want em to close up straight off get em stitched up.
    You could try moisturise your lobes with emu oil or jojoba oil etc to try encourage em to shrink but if you took em out in 2001 and theyve still not closed up i dont think itd help. maybe try downsizing to 13mm see if they shrink anymore...
    to be honest ive worked with a few multinational companies and ive gotten a few glances, but i dont think its seriously effects your chances of getting a job. just wear a nice pair of discreet plugs and youl be grand. thats what i did

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Yeah I think people get used to them and tbh I'd feel weird not having them after all this time but its that initial gasp I still get from time to time when someone realises that "they go all the way through". I know that they're almost normal at this stage but its still in the back of my mind that they could be a hindrence to me....and then, saying that, I'm pretty well covered in tattoos and if they can get past the star on my hand I guess they're gonna accept the stretchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

yeah I feel the same way about my plugs had them for like 4 years plus at this stage and the same as my glasses I just dont feel its me if i dont have them :S

cartman are you the one thats brother of conZ? last time i was talking to him he was downsiding from 11mm how did that fair out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

yeah I feel the same way about my plugs had them for like 4 years plus at this stage and the same as my glasses I just dont feel its me if i dont have them :S

cartman are you the one thats brother of conZ? last time i was talking to him he was downsiding from 11mm how did that fair out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement