Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Earth - East Waterford

• 17-12-2007 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Just noticed now that the extreme east of Waterford is on Google Earth now in hi-res. You can see the port, Passage, Woodstown, Dunmore, Belle Lake, Faithlegg, as well as the eastern fringe of the city: Ballygunner, Knockboy, Ballinakill and Grantstown. I can see my house!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

gearthas7.jpg

The high res stops at the roundabout into Oscars bar I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well at lest they are upgrading a few bits, the coverage of Ireland is pisspoor.

I just checked for myself, its still not hi-res just better than blotchy.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i,d say the clever folk at google think that ireland is probably just barron land so are,nt bothered about upgrading it asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

mike65 wrote: »

It seems to be out of date by a year or so - just checked out my house in Dunmore and the newly built housing estate behind us isn't there at all.

"I remember when this was just fields..." :D

The upgrade shots for kilkenny are two years old.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Gadgie wrote: »
    It seems to be out of date by a year or so - just checked out my house in Dunmore and the newly built housing estate behind us isn't there at all.

They were taken on 8/6/2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

i,d say the clever folk at google think that ireland is probably just barron land so are,nt bothered about upgrading it asap

With the exception of course of charging all their profits to the highly tax efficient Irish arm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

JMcL wrote: »
    With the exception of course of charging all their profits to the highly tax efficient Irish arm :)
    well i suppose thats true enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Noticed they caught a plane south of Dunmore East. Looks like it could be United Airlines, so probably going to the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Kahless wrote: »
    Noticed they caught a plane south of Dunmore East. Looks like it could be United Airlines, so probably going to the US.

I saw that too, looks deadly! I agree it looks like UA because of the greyish fuselage colour. Is it a 777?

• Advertisement

I thought the plane had a double but its a "shadow".

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

I thought the plane had a double but its a "shadow".

Mike.

That looks cool out, there's so many flights that pass over us everyday. On a clear day there's always at least one or two to see every few mins at different times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fricatus wrote: »
    I saw that too, looks deadly! I agree it looks like UA because of the greyish fuselage colour. Is it a 777?

interesting to see it alright, for anyone not bothered to go look here you go

picture1ru0.png

I've been trying to find aircraft coming into land on google-earth without success.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mike, you can see individual containers in the port, the cars on the Passage East ferry, and the engines of a plane flying just off Dunmore.

How hi-res do you want? None of us want to see you nude sunbathing in your back garden in Cherrymount! :p

Advertisement