Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL I paid a lot of money for this service and now all my hair has fallen out...

Options
  • 17-12-2007 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Yep I''m an ashamed owner of NTL phone cable and broadband - or rather I should be. I am DESPERATE for help with this and really dont know what to do about it now so I hope someone can please please he;p me and my dad.

Our problem is ...NTL

They are absolutely 110% useless..from top to bottom.

We first experienced problems around 6 months ago, From what i can remember we never had probs before but it turned out our box had had its day and so they came out to replace it...Done.

So that evening we switch the tv on and ..well its not working properly.. when i say properly I mean it keeps freeze frame every 3 to 4 seconds.

I phone NTL the next day and say 'this is the problem'. I also decided we could do with a further 3 boxes in the house for convenience so I place an order. Had to wait a week and a half for them to come out and fix what they never did right in the first place. I was at work when they called in to me dad who is v sick and so they went about doing this and that in the house and went on their way.

When I come home I see they overcharged us(now rectified), they only fitted 2 NOT 3 boxes, the tv STILL DID NOT WORK and they left some equipment up on our roof which looked like it was ready to blow down on top of our conservatory. They told my dad they did not have enough equipment and blagged their way back out of the house....another week later after several complaint calls to ntl they came out and fitted the extra box.

For some reason the tv is still the same but sometimes it works ok, both myself and my dad are that embarrassed and fed up with the number of phone calls we have made to ntl that we are afraid to contact them about this again, the last time i spoke about this issue was couple of months back when i talked to the cheekiest rep i have ever spoken to in my life who refused to get her manager or agree to call me back.

Roll on to last month the broadband stops working(im on my brothers now)!!! I ring up and im told a technician is needed which will take a month and a half to come out cause i can only be here on a saturday. So they ring friday nigtht and confirm they will be here between 9 and 12-fine ok-4 of us were in the house on saturday with me looking out the window constantly for fear they might not find the house!?! anyway my dad goes out to his car at 11.05 and theres a docket from ntl to say they called at 11 !!!!! I hit the roof , there were 4 of us in the house and no less than 4 cars uin the driveway...I cannot imagine how he managed to get that in the porch never mind "not notice we were all home".

Heres the typical part...i spend exactly 24 minutes on hold to speak with Mary and I record the call (thats what ive stooped to). Mary tells me in plain english she will find out why the tech did this because it is very strange . I asked Mary I need to know whats going to happen here, will someone be out to me today to sort this out we've had a multitude of problems with ntl ? Mary said YES SOMEONE WILL CALL OUT TODAY AND i WILL CALL YOU BACK TO CONFIRM THIS.................This was saturday mrnign ,still no word from NTL

Now how in the hell does someone sort this out without dealing with a bunch of idiots who are renowned for not returning calls or offering any level of customer service??? I am upset writing this cause the hassle they have caused me is un natural, I have given them so many chances to forgive and forget but theyre proving impossible...i have this last call recorded as I said but its useless i dont want to take them to court i just want someone to listen and help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

"Welcome to nt-hell, there is no one here to take your call right now because we are too busy counting your money."

Is sky an option for you? They have very decent customer service.

It took me 4 months to convince ntl that the house I was living in actually existed. despite it being on the main road in Rathmines that just recently celebrated existing for 200 years.

Really think you have to let your pocket do the talking, if possible.

Also, hard to admit, but Eircom broadband is better than most other broadband options.

Just be conscious of the fact that it is illegal to record someone without letting them know that you are recording them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I have heard them using the 'your house does not exist' line even though other people in the same BUILDING already have ntl, I don't know what to suggest op but I know exactly how you feel :mad:

Advertisement