Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best burger in Cork city

Options
  • 17-12-2007 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Lennox's quarter pounder with cheese ftw

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The burger place next to the Capitol does awesome burgers. Can't remember the name of the place, but easily the best in town for my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

You want to sit down and eat it - TRIBES on Tuckey Street, they do the scrumiest burger, so big you almost get lock-jaw trying to get your mouth around it! Some burgers can only be eaten this way, it is "wrong" to cut them into dainty bite size pieces...................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My mother makes great home made burgers... :D

On the chipper front, i quite like the ones in Donatello's, quite tasty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Fysh wrote: »
    The burger place next to the Capitol does awesome burgers. Can't remember the name of the place, but easily the best in town for my money.

Thats the Istanbul.

Half Pounder with cheese meal, no ketchup for me though, vile ****e. The staff there are top notch too, can always have a laugh be it at 3pm or 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Have to agree, Lennoxs Quarter Pounder with cheese...
    Thinking of treating yourself for the birthday OP?

Heh, where does it say that? My birthday dinner ended up being a toastie in Reidy's Vault. 5 ****ing euros. Nah I'm a big burger fan, most of the ones I've had in town have been dry as ****. Best I've had so far is in the Franciscan Well. NYOM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Hill Billys used to do a lovely breast 'n a bun. Don't like it as much anymore. The quarter ponder with cheese from Lennoxs is always a safe bet, great burger. 1/2 pounder from Donatellos isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

The White Horse in Ballincollig does a savage burger. Mmm tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Hill Billys used to do a lovely breast 'n a bun. Don't like it as much anymore. The quarter ponder with cheese from Lennoxs is always a safe bet, great burger. 1/2 pounder from Donatellos isn't bad either.

Hey, do not speak ill of the breast 'n a bun :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

He's right, I had a breast in a bun for the first time in years a few weeks ago and they're completely different now, not as nice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I thought that the breast in a bun could only be properly enjoyed if you were trashed?

Aside from which, I worry about eating anything which can cause headlines like "Man found dead in shower after suffocating on own farts"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Fysh wrote: »
    I thought that the breast in a bun could only be properly enjoyed if you were trashed?
    QFT!!!
    Don't think I could touch one sober..

Hillbillies is such a horrible little disease hole too. When ****ed it seems like a 5star restaurant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Eww, my ex used knock back breast in a buns when he was hammered. Never really got over that:p The best burger in Cork...er....in the Well perhaps? Everything else is manky generic overcooked cardboard.

I agree. The Franciscan burgers have been some of the tastiest I've had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

mmmmm burgers, lol lol ill hav 2 say lennox's in barrack st as i use them nearly every day!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

daveirl wrote: »

here here!
    *seriously dave fair play! did u ever try their monster mealbox thingy? mmmmm yum!

• Advertisement

Were you drunk or sober when you ate said Hillbillies breast in a buns do tell?!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Myself, Junkyard, Roundy Mooney, Mrs Roundy Mooney and little Round Mooney were having breakfast/lunch in Eddie Rockets today in Blackpool organising the Cork SSF deliveries. Mrs Roundy had quite possibly the most appetising chicken burger I've ever seen. It was the size of a small somalian. Highly recommended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

ned78 wrote: »
    Mrs Roundy had quite possibly the most appetising chicken burger I've ever seen. It was the size of a small somalian.

Indeed, and she dispatched it as quickly as one would...

Pleasure meeting you, ned.

Looks like my suspicions are confirmed, alcohol was involved.
    Shur, for all she knew you could have been ordering for friends...or you look like a growing young fella!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Pleasure meeting you, ned.

Likewise! Was a very enjoyable morning, will definitely try to make the next boards beers if I'm not gigging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

In a stupour last night had Hillbillies with my friends. Breast in a bun never tasted so good:D

I don't really think chicken burgers count. They're too different from regular burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Good oul Hillbillies. That Tuesday special was my undoing - all I wanted was a snackbox, but then they give me another one for free, so I eat two snackboxes. There is a lot of chicken in their breast na buns, but I reckon I'd manage five or six easily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

The Hillbillies garlic breast in a bun has been reduced in size but increased in price...they know how to charge there but they have a high turnover in staff...obviously their not paying while coining it in at the same time!

Advertisement