Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best burger in Cork city

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

After seeing the abuse the Chinese guy was getting behind the counter last night I'm not surprised they have a high turnover. I had a lovely breast in a bun last night while ginger soul-less people walked by and Tree ignored me. I tend not to eat burgers in Cork for some strange reason - when I'm on the piss anywhere else it's usually all I eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaCorkGeezer

Sicilian Burger in Scuzi's. €10 something, but hey, pesto and nuts, BRING! IT! ON! :D

The burgers you get up in the franciscan well at the beer fest are divine, especially after drinking lots of german beer.
    I am also quite fond of the burgers in captain americas. Lennox's on the bandon road do a savage quarter pounder also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Captain America's burgers are dry and overpriced. Although the one with the fried egg is edible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

This thread makes me hungry

• Advertisement

OK I went to Scoozi's on Monday and, well, the burgers were EUR 15 with side salad and a few chips, that's dearer than in my memories :rolleyes:

I had a Creole Burger this time, with fried onions, red pepper puree and Creole spices. Nice but not worth EUR 15 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i had a breast in a bun sober the other day and i LOVED it! oh if only i was brave enough to buy more than one at a time.... fair play is all i can say....

im being nosey now but what is ssf???

happy new beer to one and all!

all_smilz wrote: »
    i had a breast in a bun sober the other day and i LOVED it! oh if only i was brave enough to buy more than one at a time.... fair play is all i can say....

im being nosey now but what is ssf???

happy new beer to one and all!

I second that. Garlic breast in a bun + chips is the business, EVEN sober :D Even though they're smaller and flatter now. They used to be round and messy, pure bliss ;)

The only Hillbilly's outlets I know of are on McCurtain St and Grande Parade, are they the only 2 in the world :confused: A Google/Wiki search didn't yield any satisfactory results...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

There's a HillBillies by the Churchfield phone exchange too isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

and in tralee and limerick i think! mmmm *drools* they really oughta make a bacon, cheese, garlic breast in a bun with a hashbrown and another breast in a bun.... for symmetry of course.......

• Advertisement

Surely the fact that they're called "Breast in a bun" excludes them from being burgers... Enough of the dry flavourless Hillbillies crap, it's the mayonnaise that makes it nice.

The real problem with the Franciscan burgers is that you can't just get one whenever you need..

Kold wrote: »
    Surely the fact that they're called "Breast in a bun" excludes them from being burgers...

Well, they're quite close to a chicken burger all the same ;)

Has anyone been to the other chicken burger place off Patrick's Street? Behind the Victoria Hotel I believe. Can't remember what street. Went there one Sunday afternoon, staff seemed half asleep, took ages for everything, and being the impatient type I left after 10 mins in the queue :rolleyes:

Went for a 3 Pepper Angus instead, never looked back :D
    Enough of the dry flavourless Hillbillies crap, it's the mayonnaise that makes it nice.

I don't find them that dry, it might be down to the bun actually. And I love the spicy batter, but then again it's definitely a matter of taste here :)

Actually, are KC's burgers any good? Never get them because the few times I'd be in Douglas I always want a Polynesian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

two favourites:

1. newport fully loaded at the newport

2. new yorker burger at Zacs

both amazing burgers, eggs, bacon the works!

both around the 10 Euro mark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

KCs burgers are an acquired taste. The buns are a bit chewy and the meat patties a bit small, but I actually quite like them. My guess is you'll either love em or hate em.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Lenox's on barrack st!!!!!!!!

What was Kiely's on Maylor Street like for burgers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Frozen supermarket things soaked in grease... Which isn't necessarily bad.

So was out on Sat night in Barrack st. pre-drinking and a few of the lads got lennox's QP and said they were mank. Sacrilige? The one in the Newport is huuuuge btw.

• Advertisement

I had a savage burger in Bennigans in Mahon Point recently.

People actually go to Bennigans?

dahamsta wrote: »

That goes through my head everytime I'm on the escalator going to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Captain America's burgers are dry and overpriced. Although the one with the fried egg is edible.
    They aren't in Dublin.

I don't know what's going on with the Cork franchise. I found the food there to be awful and the staff clueless when I popped in a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Bennigans is ridiculous. Probably €17 for the burger too. I'm not ashamed to say that my favourite burger in Cork (excluding chicken burgers / breast in bun) is: Big Mac.

I have to admit to being partial to a quarter with cheese meself. The burgers in the place that used to be at the top of Oliver Plunkett Street were nicer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

dahamsta wrote: »

So what wrong with Bennigans? I know they are overpriced and mostly the services is cat but I would kill right now for their fish!!! yummmmmy
    However I do have to say the the nicest burger and mouthwatering hot chicken baguette has to be from vanwich along with all the great sandwiches etc
    ps if you cant plug your friends :):)

gubby wrote: »
    So what wrong with Bennigans?
    It's just too ironic for my liking, I think if I went in there my head would explode.

Advertisement