Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start-up group for Carpenterstown Educate Together

Options
  • 17-12-2007 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

ATTENTION ALL PARENTS

….OF CURRENT AND FUTURE PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN

A START-UP GROUP OF PARENTS IS CURRENTLY BEING FORMED WITH THE AIM OF ESTABLISHING AN EDUCATE TOGETHER PRIMARY SCHOOL IN CARPENTERSTOWN.

If you, as a parent, are interested in getting involved or in further information on Educate Together, please PM me.

THIS NEW PRIMARY SCHOOL WILL ONLY BECOME A REALITY IF WE AS PARENTS MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Daymobrew, best of luck with that - from what I've heard you've a long hard road ahead. Definitely will be worth it though, I think the educate together model works very well for both children and parents.
    Is there the demand for more school places in Carpenterstown though? I would have thought secondary school places were needed more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

deswalsh wrote: »
    Is there the demand for more school places in Carpenterstown though? I would have thought secondary school places were needed more?
    Well, we had 90 children without a school last September and Scoil Coilm was born.
    According to a study done by the principal of Mary Mother of Hope School, there are more 3 year olds than 5 year olds - essentially the birth rate is continuing to rise.

The secondary school issue will start to explode in 2009 with ~30 pupils without places. The number without places continues to rise for the following 8 years.
    There are 11 secondary school classes for 1st years in the area (though I can't remember which schools are in this 'area'). There are 22 Junior Infant classes this year. That's a big discrepancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Daymobrew, I like to wish you and all involved the very best of luck with this initiative.

I know a number of people who were involved in setting up another Educate Together school. When I mentioned this post to them, they said they would be only to happy to lend a hand in offering any assistance that might be needed.

If you plan to hold a public meetings on setting up the school in the future, please let me know.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    When I mentioned this post to them, they said they would be only to happy to lend a hand in offering any assistance that might be needed.
    That's great to hear!

We are working on setting up a website to keep interested people informed. I'll post the URL when it's ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Best of luck to you all.

It is your only hope of getting a new school - to do it yourself.

There is a working group already set up to try and get an educate together secondary school up and running in the area. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

There is a working group already set up to try and get an educate together secondary school up and running in the area. Fingers crossed.
    Do you have contact information for this group?

Just before Christmas we set up http://www.carpenterstown-et.com
    We'll be getting info onto it in the next few weeks.

We are having a Public Meeting at the Castleknock Hotel on Satuday 19th January at 11.00am.

This will be addressed by Educate Together and will be very informative for all. Pre-enrolment will also take place on the day.

Advertisement